Looking for a Urologist that speaks English well

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I received some really good suggestions when looking for a general practitioner that spoke English well so I figured I'd try again. This time I'm looking for an English speaking Urologist. Would prefer someone local to Sosua/Cabarete but that is probably asking for too much. A competent and English speaking Urologist in Puerto Plata would be acceptable. Traveling to Santiago and Santo Domingo present a significant challenge especially these days with limited space on buses, reduced schedules and curfews. With Santo Domingo just being too far to meet an unknown medical entity for the very first time and all that would be involved in follow up appointments. So if at all possible I need to find someone much closer.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
The best in Santiago and probably the best in the country is Dr Rafael Estrella, 3rd Floor Union Medico, Santiago....809 241 0298
Undertsands English but a little slow in speech.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
https://clinicaunionmedica.com/urologia/
DRA. ARLINI RODRÍGUEZ - speaks English, and her father is
DR. NICOLÁS DE JESÚS RODRÍGUEZ TEJADA is considered to be excellent

DR. FAUSTO ANTONIO HERNÁNDEZ ALBERTO - trained in Boston.
I have seen both Arlini and Dr HERNÁNDEZ and would recommend either. I wanted to see the father but he was way too busy.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Dr Mohamad Aun at Centro Medical Bournegal in Puerto Plata treated me when I needed it. He speaks English and I had no complaints. 809 586 2342.
He is fantastic. I had mystery symptoms that nobody else could figure out, and Dr. A. and his son, who is maybe 30? who is learning the practice, figured it out. I cannot say enough good things about him. Compassionate, a listener, and by me? a true genius. And his name, I think, is Dr. Auod. They are from the old Lebanese settlers. The phone # is correct. He is a true healer. Highly recommend.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
He is fantastic. I had mystery symptoms that nobody else could figure out, and Dr. A. and his son, who is maybe 30? who is learning the practice, figured it out. I cannot say enough good things about him. Compassionate, a listener, and by me? a true genius. And his name, I think, is Dr. Auod. They are from the old Lebanese settlers. The phone # is correct. He is a true healer. Highly recommend.
Checking his business card, he is actually Dr AOUN, unless the printer got it wrong!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
DH
If this is just a frequency issue... Vuvuzela is what you need
stay away fro Flomax.... bad repercussions

I'm just guessing...... or get Gorgon's man to examine you - digitally.....

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Checking his business card, he is actually Dr AOUN, unless the printer got it wrong!
I sit corrected. It's Mohammed Eid Aoun. That first "d" mixed me up. Anyway, however it's spelled, he's a fantastic doctor and I once again highly recommend him.

mambodog

Feb 29, 2008
Dr Mohamad Aun at Centro Medical Bournegal in Puerto Plata treated me when I needed it. He speaks English and I had no complaints. 809 586 2342.
Does anyone know the extension number for Dr Aoun? (The phone number given gets the recorded welcome message for Bournigal as a whole. Since I didn’t know the extension number I pressed the option to speak to an operator but got no reply - several times!)

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Does anyone know the extension number for Dr Aoun? (The phone number given gets the recorded welcome message for Bournigal as a whole. Since I didn’t know the extension number I pressed the option to speak to an operator but got no reply - several times!)
You could try this number that is also on his card: 809 970 1110. It says "Cons.", which I suppose is "Consutancy". Otherwise, you could go to the Centro Medico Bournegal. If you ask for his office, I believe there is a secretary outside it all day and you could make the arrangement with her.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
DH
If this is just a frequency issue... Vuvuzela is what you need
stay away fro Flomax.... bad repercussions

I'm just guessing...... or get Gorgon's man to examine you - digitally.....
I thought Vuvuzela was that horn they blare at soccer matches ?

Reactions: drstock