Looking for a used motorbike

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
I'm coming down to the DR in a couple of months and I?m looking to purchase a used motorcycle. Preferably a Yamaha 125, but willing to conceder any set of wheels, even an inexpensive auto.

If it?s for sale now timing is unimportant as I have friends in the DR who would be willing to look at it and purchase it prior to my arrival.

PM me or post here if you know of / or have something for sale.

Joe

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
I'm resurrecting this thread in hopes that something comes up. I?d also be interested in an inexpensive car if some one knows of one.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm resurrecting this thread in hopes that something comes up. I?d also be interested in an inexpensive car if some one knows of one.
As an inexpensive car here is more expensive than in America, would you give us a ballpark idea of what you consider an inexpensive car?

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
As an inexpensive car here is more expensive than in America, would you give us a ballpark idea of what you consider an inexpensive car?

Marco as you know I spend one or two Months a year the DR, so the rest of the time it's just going to sit some place. (BTW I'm thinking of your garage.) But I guess I'm simply testing the waters to see what may be out there. I'm not as concerned about condition as I am about reliability.

The bottom line is, that it would be nice to have some wheels when I?m in the DR.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Perhaps I should elaborate on my previous post a bit, there isn't much point in me spending more money purchasing a vehicle than renting one. So I guess it would depend on the vehicle.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
If you are still interested in a used motorcycle, I may be able to help, PM me. As far as storing it while you are away, I have spaces designed especially for motorcycle storage. Even cars, though those spaces fill up fast. Sosua Self Storage

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Marco as you know I spend one or two Months a year the DR, so the rest of the time it's just going to sit some place. (BTW I'm thinking of your garage.) But I guess I'm simply testing the waters to see what may be out there. I'm not as concerned about condition as I am about reliability.

The bottom line is, that it would be nice to have some wheels when I?m in the DR.
Yeah,yeah, but how much?
If you want people to bother assisting you, you've got to give them some guidelines.
You might think that a cheapo car is $1,500 US, while we know that there's nothing at that price that works properly.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Yeah,yeah, but how much?
If you want people to bother assisting you, you've got to give them some guidelines.
You might think that a cheapo car is $1,500 US, while we know that there's nothing at that price that works properly.

How much does a diamond cost??? I guess it depends size and quality! At this point, as I said ealier I'm testing the waters to see what may available and exploring my options. If something comes up great! If not i guess i'll have to hang out at your place 24/7. ;)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
How much does a diamond cost??? I guess it depends size and quality! At this point, as I said ealier I'm testing the waters to see what may available and exploring my options. If something comes up great! If not i guess i'll have to hang out at your place 24/7. ;)
Great.
I'm glad you managed to narrow it down for us.
Anyhow, I know this dude who has an old Merc for sale for 610,000 pesos.
Would that do?

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Great.
I'm glad you managed to narrow it down for us.
Anyhow, I know this dude who has an old Merc for sale for 610,000 pesos.
Would that do?

As I could rent one for many days for that kind if money I was looking to spend a bit less! But knowing the kind of guy you are I'm sure you'll offer to loan me yours while I'm down. ;)

BTW no need to ask if I ever wake up from that dream, or what color the sky is in my world!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
As I could rent one for many days for that kind if money I was looking to spend a bit less! But knowing the kind of guy you are I'm sure you'll offer to loan me yours while I'm down. ;)

BTW no need to ask if I ever wake up from that dream, or what color the sky is in my world!
There are only two things in life, a person must never lend.
His girlfriend and his Lexus.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

Expect a decent car to cost at least RD120,000. If you pay anything less it will look more like a "carro publico" than a personal car.

As far as a bike goes, they are a dime a dozen and can be found all over. the best is the Yamaha 115. Expect to pay RD45k to 55k for a used one from 2 to 5 years old.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Expect a decent car to cost at least RD120,000. If you pay anything less it will look more like a "carro publico" than a personal car.
Not that there's anything wrong with that estimate, but everybody's interpretation of what constitutes a "decent car", is bound to be different.
In my world, decent cars start at 300K pesos.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Not that there's anything wrong with that estimate, but everybody's interpretation of what constitutes a "decent car", is bound to be different.
In my world, decent cars start at 300K pesos.

300k here in Santiago will get one a used car in good to very good condition.

RD120k will get one a car that is probably around 8-10 years old in decent condition, albeit with some defects - anything less and one runs the risk of having their car flagged down by the public for a ride, haha.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

RD120k will get one a car that is probably around 8-10 years old in decent condition, albeit with some defects - anything less and one runs the risk of having their car flagged down by the public for a ride, haha.
Couldn't agree more, but good to very good is my minimum requirement, so that's what I call decent.
My car's 9 years old now, is in excellent condition and is probably worth 450K.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Couldn't agree more, but good to very good is my minimum requirement, so that's what I call decent.
My car's 9 years old now, is in excellent condition and is probably worth 450K.

You have high standards! I can see that you are quite fisno, haha hey where is AZB????

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003

Now ther's a thought,,, perhaps I could make a few bucks while I'm down. :ermm::ermm::ermm:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Never mind what Marco says, as a matter of fact (;)) he did lend me his girlfriend last time I was down.
Dude.
That was a crack whore we found sleeping in the gutter.
We couldn't believe that you were so drunk, that you actually swallowed that story about her being my girlfriend.
To this day, she comes around looking for you.