Looking for an inexpensive used car

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It behooves me how anyone can run a car without ever changing the oil. Lack of education, or just too lazy and cheap.............
It may be true for many Dominicans but the oil change place just up the road from me is always full of cars getting their oil and filter changed. Many Dominicans treat their cars better than their wife or house.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It may be true for many Dominicans but the oil change place just up the road from me is always full of cars getting their oil and filter changed. Many Dominicans treat their cars better than their wife or house.

I have to agree. We use synthetic oil, so only change it once a year (even though we don’t put the mileage on it). For years we went to a place in SD on Independencia, now we found a place in San Cristobal that we like. Both are always busy, and sometimes we have to wait. The one in SC has an air-conditioned waiting room with comfortable seating where I wait. Mr AE usually stays with the car.

I’ve never seen a non-Dominican at either place.

Also some long waits at the car wash we use on Churchill, all Dominicans keeping their cars spotless.

Reactions: JD Jones