Looking for feedback on Orange Internet in Bavaro

tim514

Nov 12, 2011
Tricom Wimax device is NOT a stick as I mentioned before:

There is a picture from the Airspan device. The Tricom one is the same but it comes in red w/ Tricom logo:

http://www.dipol.com.pl/targi/ceb0509.jpg

Thats the router I use:

Amazon.com: Medialink - Wireless N Broadband Router - 150 Mbps - 2.4GHz - 802.11n w/ Internal Antenna: Computers & Accessories

This is a broadband router good for Claro landline broadband. But you can not hook up the Wimax device. Your previous reply mentionned that you connect the Wimax device to the router. Did I understand it correctly?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Wow. I have the Wimax device connected to that router and it is working. Why can't I?

Want a picture? Sorry no time for that. Buenas noches :)

tim514

Nov 12, 2011
No, you get one and connect it to a router and connect your machines to the router. No need to get one for each PC.

I have 2 of them and the Claro b/c I need to be always online. I can't afford an outage (b/c of my work and of course my son ;)) so I have more than one unit / ISP for backup...

Mike can you be more specific with this setup. How can you connect both Tricom Wimax and Claro ADSL to the same router?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Errm... Did I ever say I have 2 providers connected to the same router? Nope. I have Wimax connected to the router.

Mike can you be more specific with this setup. How can you connect both Tricom Wimax and Claro ADSL to the same router?

tim514

Nov 12, 2011
Wow. I have the Wimax device connected to that router and it is working. Why can't I?

Want a picture? Sorry no time for that. Buenas noches :)

Why can't you? Cause Wimax device is 4G and you need a 4 G router not a broadband router. Does that make sense to you?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
No. Wimax is not 4G and I am using it with my router and it works. You know what? If you don't believe it get the Wimax device, buy the router from amazon and try it for yourself. Thanks. Ciao. Have a nice one!