Looking For Good Doctor and Periodontist in Santiago

TonySky313

May 10, 2018
Hello All,
I have Humano Health Insurance and looking to find a good General Practice Doctor in the Santiago area. Until my Spanish gets better, maybe a Doctor that speaks English and will not over charge. I hear HOMS is a very good hospital but do not know if Doctors there actually run private practices.
Also a good Periodontist. Plan to get some work done in 2020

Thanks in advance for your recommendations
:knockedou

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Teeth/Gums.... Cibao Dental Spa....
they speak English
They used to give a DR1 discount.....

I use them.... as do many here

Search it....

Lafcadio

Jun 5, 2006
Ditto - Dental Cibao

I have been using Dr. Jaime at Dental Cibao. Excellent periodontist. Speaks English.

They also have just completed restoring my teeth over the past year and a half. I'm very pleased and eating steak again.

Lafcadio

Jun 5, 2006
I too would apprerciate a recommendation to a good general practioner, especially one who accepts Humano.

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
My experience with Humano has been less than stellar. Depending on the plan you have with Humano you can get reimbursed for doctor fees even if you only had to pay a portion at the doctor office. I had the Plan Platinum. The dental plan can be a can of worms. There is Dental Plan Platinum and a Dental Platinum - they have different coverages and reimbursement levels. Before you go to dentist find out exactly what plan you have and what it covers and if it covers reimbursement. I have received reimbursements as per plan once I figured out what I was really entitled to but I had to fight for every single one. So I have gone to the expensive Dental Cibao Spa in Santiago, was generally happy with treatments and they bent over backwards to help with the forms necessary for me to obtain reimbursements.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I have been using Dr. Jaime at Dental Cibao. Excellent periodontist. Speaks English.

They also have just completed restoring my teeth over the past year and a half. I'm very pleased and eating steak again.
I saw Dr. Jaime twice this month for extensive periodontal work,she was great.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
My experience with Humano has been less than stellar. Depending on the plan you have with Humano you can get reimbursed for doctor fees even if you only had to pay a portion at the doctor office. I had the Plan Platinum. The dental plan can be a can of worms. There is Dental Plan Platinum and a Dental Platinum - they have different coverages and reimbursement levels. Before you go to dentist find out exactly what plan you have and what it covers and if it covers reimbursement. I have received reimbursements as per plan once I figured out what I was really entitled to but I had to fight for every single one. So I have gone to the expensive Dental Cibao Spa in Santiago, was generally happy with treatments and they bent over backwards to help with the forms necessary for me to obtain reimbursements.
thanks this is a great post

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have Palic Prestige which covers prescriptions, 100 percent on tests...etc and almost everything on operations , hospital stays and has medical coverage outside the DR. Also covers (repatriacion de restos mortales) of your body if you die.