Looking for information.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I have been out of the DR for nearly 4 months .
Decided yesterday to fly back next Saturday, so everything is quite rushed.

What are the " covid rules " ?
Is a curfew still in place ? If so, what times ?

Case in point, I am hearing different things from different dominican sources. Ranging from everything is back to normal all the way to " curfew at 7 pm on weekends ".
Since I am arriving around 5 in PUJ, and my plan was to drive directly up to the north coast, I need information !!!!!!

Thanks.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Curfews
weekdays.... 9pm - 5am
weekends 7pm - 5am

BUT you may travel from a flight during the curfew hours
have your boarding pass/ticket , etc

Taxis are exempt and can travel

Reactions: malko and Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Current curfew:
Monday-Friday 9pm-5am
Saturday-Sunday 7pm-5am
(ww scored the winning goal 1st)

Reactions: malko

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Curfews
weekdays.... 9pm - 5am
weekends 7pm - 5am

BUT you may travel from a flight during the curfew hours
have your boarding pass/ticket , etc

Taxis are exempt and can travel

Ok, cool. Does that work only for the traveller or does the driver get a pass too ? Somebody will be picking me up at the airport.

Plan B would be to drive as far as SD and spend the night there..... But could be tricky time wise.

Plan C is to spend the night around Punta cana ways. Any cabaña type thingies nearby ? I really want to avoid spending the night with relatives in Bavaro, if I can.

Thanks all.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Not sure about the private driver......

Safe route is to stay overnight for a day trip... and PC or Bavaro fits the bill for that

For sure cabanas.... for sure

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009

Relatively close to the airport: 2 cabañas close a hotel and a bed and breakfast. If you zoom in there are more options. Hotel Yonu in Veron is not bad and not expensive.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Ok, cool. Does that work only for the traveller or does the driver get a pass too ? Somebody will be picking me up at the airport.

Plan B would be to drive as far as SD and spend the night there..... But could be tricky time wise.

Plan C is to spend the night around Punta cana ways. Any cabaña type thingies nearby ? I really want to avoid spending the night with relatives in Bavaro, if I can.

Thanks all.

I was going to point out a matter of fact regarding cabañas, and doubled back to read your original posting, and noticed that yes indeed you will be arriving on a Saturday.
Keep in mind cabañas are usually their busiest on weekends.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
I have been out of the DR for nearly 4 months .
Decided yesterday to fly back next Saturday, so everything is quite rushed.

What are the " covid rules " ?
Is a curfew still in place ? If so, what times ?

Case in point, I am hearing different things from different dominican sources. Ranging from everything is back to normal all the way to " curfew at 7 pm on weekends ".
Since I am arriving around 5 in PUJ, and my plan was to drive directly up to the north coast, I need information !!!!!!

Thanks.
Welcome back. If you get arrested I will bail you out :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Malko
I expect up where you live, you'll find life pretty normal.
The campo is separate from the bigger cities..... life closer to normal , I hear

We here in Cabrera are pretty normal.... but we obey the curfew
Smaller towns may not

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
The other Covid rule is that you have to wear a mask in public, except in restaurants. On the beach here in Cabarete it's not enforced, but I'm not sure about other beaches.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Here in Boca Chica the mask rule is not enforced on the beaches. It is enforced in all stores but not in restaurants. The number of people outside wearing masks is about 50 ± 10%. I would say it's higher than that in Santo Domingo, probably > 80%.

Reactions: irsav