Looking for Rental in La Romana

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Hi,
I am looking to rent in a good section of La Romana for maybe a couple of months.
Not familiar with the area.

Any suggestions would be helpful..

Thank you

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
You have Altos de Rio Dulce. Torre Vista Mar is the newest and fanciest building there. Very good area. Buena Vista is "gated" and has a mix of homes and decent apartments. You can also try Vista Catalina, Residencial Las Palmas, or Caleta to be closer to the beach. A few years ago homes were 10k a month with two bedrooms near Caleta and Vista Catalina.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I do not know what sex or what age you are but at present La Romana is going through a period of nasty delinquency and I think the first requirement would be personal safety. I would suggest there are only two areas that would suit a Caucasian in La Romana and they are the area just below Altos de Rio Dulce ,between the Boulevard and Rio Dulce and Buena Vista. Buena Vista has never been gated and it is the area where most Caucasians are found and where there are the most apartment blocks. The disadvantage of Buena Vista is that it does not have motor bike taxis or car taxis on the corners as other areas have .It is the only are where you are likely to find a furnished apartment. I doubt if anyone will rent for only two months and maybe you could consider a apart-hotel and there are a few in la Romana .

Reactions: nanita and JD Jones

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
You have Altos de Rio Dulce. Torre Vista Mar is the newest and fanciest building there. Very good area. Buena Vista is "gated" and has a mix of homes and decent apartments. You can also try Vista Catalina, Residencial Las Palmas, or Caleta to be closer to the beach. A few years ago homes were 10k a month with two bedrooms near Caleta and Vista Catalina.
10K... you don't mean 10,000 US

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I do not know what sex or what age you are but at present La Romana is going through a period of nasty delinquency and I think the first requirement would be personal safety. I would suggest there are only two areas that would suit a Caucasian in La Romana and they are the area just below Altos de Rio Dulce ,between the Boulevard and Rio Dulce and Buena Vista. Buena Vista has never been gated and it is the area where most Caucasians are found and where there are the most apartment blocks. The disadvantage of Buena Vista is that it does not have motor bike taxis or car taxis on the corners as other areas have .It is the only are where you are likely to find a furnished apartment. I doubt if anyone will rent for only two months and maybe you could consider a apart-hotel and there are a few in la Romana .
With no Uber, or cabs "downstairs" in front of building ,how long would a older white gent with a younger Dominicana would it be before he gets his hat or maybe his head knocked off? I'm being kind today. LOL

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I was unaware that the person was an older Caucasian with a younger Dominican girlfriend .. but I think that he would be less noticeable and safer if he stayed at Bayahibe where there are many gua guas and moto conchos and a beach and good cheap restaurants. La Romana, like San Pedro and Higuey, is not a tourist town but people living in Bayahibe go to La Romana for the shopping at the numerous supermercados .

Reactions: nanita and livio

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
I was unaware that the person was an older Caucasian with a younger Dominican girlfriend .. but I think that he would be less noticeable and safer if he stayed at Bayahibe where there are many gua guas and moto conchos and a beach and good cheap restaurants. La Romana, like San Pedro and Higuey, is not a tourist town but people living in Bayahibe go to La Romana for the shopping at the numerous supermercados .
The problem is Bayahibe is completely incovenient for the chica and for him. She has to go back and forth to La Romana. It is 30 km. (I don't know how she gets to work in Punta Cana.) The older Caucasian does not have a car. So, she will be taking the gua gua back and forth from Bayahibe to La Romana. She might be used to it, but not the lifestyle she aspires to with the affluent gringo. And, for him :ROFLMAO: He is not going to be taking the gua gua to La Romana. Just picture it - small gua gua/van literally often packed with people. This guy has no clue. So, he has to take a taxi. Generally, they want $40 usd.

Also, Buena Vista Norte. As you say, no public transportation to speak of. He has the same problem. He needs a car. Decent area but inconvenient in his circumstance. And, the chica doesn't want to be there. It is too far from everything she knows and needs.

He has ignored the chica's request to live in Orquidea. That's what would work. And, he ignores her. Orquidea is a decent middle class Dominican neighborhood. Many good houses. It is what she aspires to. And, good for her. She knows what she wants. And, a place near the ruta could be found. But, as with all else, he ignores good advice and good ideas. That is why I am staying out of this discussion. For the most part. I even ignored the bad advice steering him to Caleta. Or Vista Catalina. Sketchy neighborhoods. For the most part, not a place for him.

The older Caucasian has no idea what he is getting into. In spite of months of good advice from people who know the reality of all it.

Just my two cents.

(I have lived in La Romana and Punta Cana for more than 10 years.)

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
In one simple sentence...Is La Romana safe for his profile??
Yes and no :ROFLMAO: It can be done. I don't know enough about his profile. He seems like a lost puppy, and unwilling to listen to people who know what they are talking about. Which does not speak well for success. Stay tuned...

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The older Caucasian has no idea what he is getting into. In spite of months of good advice from people who know the reality of all it.

Just my two cents.

(I have lived in La Romana and Punta Cana for more than 10 years.)

Bingo.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Yes and no :ROFLMAO: It can be done. I don't know enough about his profile. He seems like a lost puppy, and unwilling to listen to people who know what they are talking about. Which does not speak well for success. Stay tuned...
In one simple sentence...Is La Romana safe for his profile??his topic was thoroughly thrashed back in May of last year. More than one simple sentence. As always.

I remember now, this topic was thoroughly thrashed back in May 2002.