Looking for work in Puerto Plata

M

Maria

I am planning on moving to the Dominican Republic in June. I currently live in Canada. I am looking for work in Puerto Plata. I am also looking for a place to live. If anyone has any information that may be helpfull please let me know.

D

DR One

You might consider purchasing the Living in Santo Domingo book that is chock full of tips and advice that will make your adaptation process quicker and easier.

C

C?lina

Hello Maria, Tell me what kind of work do you want? when do you want to leave? which languages are you talking? for how long you want a go? Do you have any experience in sales? You can write me at Celeste7ei@hotmail.com Ciao C?line

J

Joanne

Agree with Celina, to help you need to know your languages, expectations etc. Living in Puerto plata is not to difficult, many places available depending on what you want and what you care to pay, You can have a room with shared bath for 1500 pesos a month at the Hotel castilla, centrally located, generator and therefore always water or pay as much as 6000 pesos for a fully furnished, NorthAmerican style living, with cable, etc. E-mail me, if you would like more information. Also many people find jobs by visiting Sam's Bar and talking with other people who live and work here who usually provide a variety of leads, intros, etc. Joanne

J

Jo (for Joanne)

I am also interested in working in Puerto Plata. Looking for accommodation and hopefully work waitressing. I speak English and French fluently and have spent some time in the DR before and have learned a little Spanish.

If you here of anything, please let me know. I'm planning to leave in early January.

Jo