looking to meet cool people...Living in the D.R., Puerta Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Hola,

My name is Thandie, female, early-30's and I am living in the Dominican Republic, downtown Puerta Plata at the moment for at least 3 months. I have been here for a week and am originally from Toronto, Canada and my background is Caribbean from Jamaica.

I would love to meet expats and people travelling here for extended periods of time. My Spanish is basic so it would be great to meet some people to hang out with, and discover the city and island with.

Take care and speak to you soon!

Thandie

BLESSED

John D. Clark

Aug 5, 2007
Hey Thandie:

I'll be in the DR in about in about a month staying for about 4 mos give or take. I will be staying, tentatively, in Sosua. I was suppose to be in the DR in January but got held up but I would be glad to kick it with you through various spots of the country in spite of our basic spanish (but I've got Rosetta Stone...yeah baby yeah...ha ha ha). I've met several kind persons from this forum that I plan to catch up with when I get there. Planner and JD Sauser where exceptionally considerate and helpful when taking the time to explain more specific approaches to some of my questions and concerns. I would recommend your following up with them as well seeing that you share the same city as far as I recall. Hope to speak/chat with you soon.

j

digger

Jan 28, 2008
Hi Thandie:
Drop in to Sam's Restaurant and Bar, downtown Puerto Plata. Sam's is owned by an American and both ex-pats and locals call in there. It isn't beautiful but "it is home", to a lot of us. Friendly people, good drinks, good food, and it's safe!! You will meet all kinds of people there. Hope to see you at Sam's.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Where exactly is Sams Restaurant and Bar? Is is close to a well known building/area or store? I find the taxis dont know the city very well.

I will drop in...but I have been told by even Dominicans that I look Dominican (which is a good thing I am learning), so you wont know until I talk... LOL!

Thandie

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Do you know RUSA and Fine Gift Centre on 12 de Julio? Next left is a street which takes you to Parque Central, Sam's is on your right. If you cross JFKennedy you've gone too far towards Parque Central.

Status
Not open for further replies.