Looser curfew coming (heard a rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Like the previous rumour, based on solid inside information, that all the RD airports were going to be closing very soon.
Yes, just a rumour, but caused anxiety and angst for several members of this community regarding their planned international travels.
We all understand what rumours are, but when one member of a community is the only person who hears these ridicuously false rumours, it seems more like a call for help more than anything else.
Anyone basing their life on a rumor/rumour...
(Now I do not red o spel 2 gud meself...
But others claiming higher intelligence than me should be able to get the basics right.)
Or experiencing anxiety and angst really need to check their internal fortitude.
Or stop reading DR1 altogether.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
All these words whispered in my ear
Tell a story that I can not bear to hear
People say crazy things
Just cause I said it, don't mean that I meant it
Just cause you heard it

Rumor has it.......

snowbrat85

Sep 6, 2014
the current curfew is in effect from 10pm - 5am? why are flights still coming into SDQ at 3am? how are we supposed to be picked up or leave the airport?

Aug 21, 2007
It's 7500 for people who have been suspended, and 5000 for people who are still working, all paid directly into the employee's bank account. But the system doesn't work well, the only employees I know who have received it have been after their employer has made about 40 phone calls and 3 visits to TSS.
I did not need to make a single call. The payments were paid automatically into the account of my teachers. To receive the payments, I had to continue to pay the employees their normal salary minus the 5,000 covered by FASE. I also received messages detailing the payments each time they were made.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I did not need to make a single call. The payments were paid automatically into the account of my teachers. To receive the payments, I had to continue to pay the employees their normal salary minus the 5,000 covered by FASE. I also received messages detailing the payments each time they were made.
Same here, but in my particular case we never stopped working normal hours except for the short period of time we had to leave an hour earlier due to the curfew.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Today I had lunch with someone who runs a big bar and restaurant in Santo Domingo She told me that she is geting ready because the Toque de Queda is going to be relaxed more next week. The new hours will be 9pm in the weekdays with 3 hours free transit, so you have to be home by midnight. And at the weekend 7pm and home by 10pm. She told me who told her and I know that this person has met with Abinader several times recently, so it's reasonably solid. But obviously things can change. The announcement will be made probably on Monday.

Wow, we may all be able to have dinner in a restaurant or go out for a drink in the evening soon. And stay out until midnight. If it happens it will be wonderful.

Not sure if this rumor was on to something, but things have changed:

Old:

New, as of today:

So those new hours are exactly what this thread's OP posted...

Feb 7, 2007
The OP posted that if numbers were right ... Last week there was steady decline in total positive cases as well as in positivity ratio. I guess the numbers are right, now ..

Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Not sure if this rumor was on to something, but things have changed:

Old:

New, as of today:

So those new hours are exactly what this thread's OP posted...
What an incredible coincidence!! :cool: LOL

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
How long ago was it now when those new hours starting Wednesday were last in effect?

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I believe that Abinader wanted the restrictions relaxed last week, but Plutarco the health minister was strongly against this. He was removed from office on Friday and the new health minister seems to think more along the president's lines. They are realising that if they don't do something reasonably quickly, there won't be any bars or restaurants left, and I think this is why they have rushed this out today, before the two week deadline for reviewing the curfew hours.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
New times

Attachments

• 79318BF0-188D-4046-BC69-11380505434F.jpeg
    79318BF0-188D-4046-BC69-11380505434F.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.