Los Gringos Beach Bar, Grill and Cabanas

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
By strange coincidence i went to Playa Maganti for the first time today (cycled there from Cabarete)
A really lovely beach and a nice restaurant...i shall take my xmas guests there for lunch!

I saw a sign for an italian restaurant off to the left just before you reach the beach...any reviews on that?

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Haven't been to the Italian restaurant yet but its owned by the same owner as Los Gringos. Used to be a German restaurant but the owner has retired.
Los Gringo's is very good so probably the same can be said of his Italian off spin.

Acira

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hmm, belgians running 'italian' restaurants...i remain sceptical.
I was hoping it was run by real italians
It is. 2 brothers Italian. They are very social and friendly. The food is great and decent cabanas, The prices are very decent. (Unless recent changes)

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I did not get anything wrong, did I? I only said that the Pizzeria is owned by the same owner as Los Gringos which is a Belgian guy Patrick. I did not know who did the kitchen in the Pizzeria, I only suggested that it probably was good since Los Gringos has a name to keep up.
If Patrick hired an Italian cook for the Pizzeria then it only confirms that Patrick was thinking the right way. Didn't expect anything else from him.

Acira

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Ah, seems to be a misunderstanding Acira. I wasnt referring to the pizzeria next to Los Gringos, but another place, the sign for which is a turning off to the left before you get to the beach

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Ah, seems to be a misunderstanding Acira. I wasnt referring to the pizzeria next to Los Gringos, but another place, the sign for which is a turning off to the left before you get to the beach
So was I. The Italian place has nothing to do with Los Gringos.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I'm told there are reefs but I don't know how far offfshore they are.
I am sure you can call for a boat to take you.... the RSJ fishing beach will send one.
Patrick will know the answer

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
There are some reefs, to the left side of Los Gringos. I suppose there is snorkeling as the local spearfishers use that reef.

BelgianK