Lost Passport, Can I go back to US with my Green Card?

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Thanks Kyle, Are there any other old posts you might clarify for us?

Yes man, you can go back easily on Green Card in any case of losing your passport but for this you can write a transportation letter to embassy and mind it your which you loss is valid if it is not valid then in this case you may can go to jail because it is against the law but with valid passport and having stamp on it however it can lost but they have records of your passport so embassy can check it and you can easily come back to your home...

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
Yes it is "MA", but when I was at "Las Americas" in January, the "OP" was still there waiting for their passport!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Did he ever return?
No he never returned,
And his fate is still unlearned.
He may stay forever in Las Americas airport
He's the man who never returned.

Apologies to the Kingston Trio

ZC1

Dec 8, 2013
I have already applied for a duplicate passport but it is taking a very long time. It has been 5 weeks, since I lost my passport and have been waiting for a duplicate.

I was wondering if I could go back to the USA with just my Green Card/Permanent Resident Card? If Yes, please let me know websites, emails, contact numbers and the process that I must follow and what other documents or things I should keep with me and in my mind. Any kind of help that will get me back to my home would be very appreciated.

Thank you very much.

I am sorry to say no, not going to happen. You must have a passport or else you cannot travel anywhere. I don't agree that you should go to the US Embassy for it is not their jurisdiction to issue you a Dominican Passport. Go to the Dominican agency that was suppossed to re-issue the Dominican passport and inquire what the hold up is. Good luck.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
I have already applied for a duplicate passport but it is taking a very long time. It has been 5 weeks, since I lost my passport and have been waiting for a duplicate.

I was wondering if I could go back to the USA with just my Green Card/Permanent Resident Card? If Yes, please let me know websites, emails, contact numbers and the process that I must follow and what other documents or things I should keep with me and in my mind. Any kind of help that will get me back to my home would be very appreciated.

Thank you very much.

before people even start asking these questions, don't we all have a certain type of knowledge that a question like this could be answered directamente by your embassy! really!!!

by the way, it happened to me once in london and my embassy gave me an emergency passport within 3 days!

step your game up son!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Both of my daughters have lost their passports in Europe..... quick trip to the Cdn Consulate/Embassy and they are replaced ...Faaaast!

One Paris, one Rome... same fast resolution

This isn't hard.... they were lees than 22 at the time.....all alone.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Kyle has provided some very valuable information in his 21 posts. He is either a son of ccccccc or a future Moderator. I vote for both or neither.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I am not a misinformer ,its genuine and i faced that problem in 2011 when i,m in Philippine.So the procedure of embassy in those days is in that way,but later may the policies changes but i,m not a spamer or not lie teller .I described you only the problem and my situation on the occasion its not my default that what ever you think about it...thanks for your compliment "mido"

Maybe not, but we are talking about traveling now, not 3yrs ago.....things change.....I just dropped my mom and dad at the airport in POP and they couldn't get into the line to check in without showing a VALID PASSPORT!!!!! I asked the guy could a person check in with just a green card......LOL he looked at me as if I was smokin something......

By the way those pills are supposed to be for pain, you don't need to take them all the time, it kind of screws with your reality........