Lounge at Las Americas

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Last time I travelled from SD, the terminal was a mess, under construction/renovation.

This time the lounges were open and I went to Sala Caribe. Nice, clean, modern.
Some food and drinks, not the best I have seen but better than nothing.

You can access it free of charge if you have loungekey.
No idea what a walk-in would cost.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
IMG_20230324_152349.jpg

malko

Jan 12, 2013
And that is what pushed me to visit it...... private smoking room.

The public smoking room is horrible, so nice to have another option.

Yeah, yeah, i know, smoking is bad for me.....

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Last time I travelled from SD, the terminal was a mess, under construction/renovation.

This time the lounges were open and I went to Sala Caribe. Nice, clean, modern.
Some food and drinks, not the best I have seen but better than nothing.

You can access it free of charge if you have loungekey.
No idea what a walk-in would cost.
I went to the Loungekey site to see what it's all about but I couldn't access any information without logging in. I assume it allows you to access lounges at certain airports, but are there many of them, and how much does the service cost? Thanks for any relevant info.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
I went to the Loungekey site to see what it's all about but I couldn't access any information without logging in. I assume it allows you to access lounges at certain airports, but are there many of them, and how much does the service cost? Thanks for any relevant info.

Yes, its strange that the website does not let you check.... the website.

There is not an exhaustive list even when you are a member lol.....
What you do is search " by airport " and it brings up a list of the lounges that you have access to, in said airport.

So basically you could be in a airline lounge ( air france lounge, BA lounge, etc.... ) or an airport owned lounge like in SD .....

I have used lounge key in SD, Miami, Zurich, Edingbrough, Glasgow, Geneva, Paris , London. The only place they didnt have a lounge is Santiago.

As for the price, I have no idea , its a perk of a credit card i use. To bring in an extra guest is 30$.

What you get in the lounges depends on the lounge--- and not lounge key.
Some are basic, like SD, free soft drinks, wine, beer, rum, buffet food, coffee, etc ....
Some are more luxury and there are showers, massages, sleeping capsules

Reactions: drstock

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Oh, and I have heard loungekey members are at the bottom of the pecking order.
The 1st class ticket holders, the airline mile top holders ( if u see what i mean) have preference if the lounge is busy.

I personally have never had a problem in the 3 years i have used it.

Jan 9, 2004
Yes, its strange that the website does not let you check.... the website.

There is not an exhaustive list even when you are a member lol.....
What you do is search " by airport " and it brings up a list of the lounges that you have access to, in said airport.

So basically you could be in a airline lounge ( air france lounge, BA lounge, etc.... ) or an airport owned lounge like in SD .....

I have used lounge key in SD, Miami, Zurich, Edingbrough, Glasgow, Geneva, Paris , London. The only place they didnt have a lounge is Santiago.

As for the price, I have no idea , its a perk of a credit card i use. To bring in an extra guest is 30$.

What you get in the lounges depends on the lounge--- and not lounge key.
Some are basic, like SD, free soft drinks, wine, beer, rum, buffet food, coffee, etc ....
Some are more luxury and there are showers, massages, sleeping capsules
Loungekey may not have access to the lounge at STI, but they do have one.

I have Priority Pass as a perk through my Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card and it is accepted at STI and over 1,000 other airports worldwide.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: malko

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Loungekey may not have access to the lounge at STI, but they do have one.

I have Priority Pass as a perk through my Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card and it is accepted at STI and over 1,000 other airports worldwide.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Just checked again, and yeah there is access to " Sala Zafiro" at STI.

Jan 9, 2004

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
We have used the beforeboarding.com service lounge in Santo Domingo twice and enjoyed it. No cost as it is part of our Medical insurance plan. They have lounges available in STI and POP as well.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
We have used the beforeboarding.com service lounge in Santo Domingo twice and enjoyed it. No cost as it is part of our Medical insurance plan. They have lounges available in STI and POP as well.
That's the way to go (and return) even if you have to pay for it.

Jan 9, 2004

Do you get access to the VIP, the Premium or both?

If the Premium that is a very nice perk.

For those wondering, the VIP lounge is just a nice quiet oasis inbound/outbound.

The Premium gets you private immigration services (no need to wait in line), baggage service retrieval, and a whole host of other perks.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2