Luis Abinader announces he will donate his salary during the 4 years of Government to a social cause

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
The President of the Republic no longer has representation expenses, it was a decision that was made from the first moment I stepped foot in this National Palace, and now I want to make an announcement: The salary corresponding to my position for the next 4 years, I will to donate every month to a social cause, said the president.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Here’s what I hope: He’s genuine.
Here’s what I think:
He will extract 3x (++)that salary amount from other sources he has access to as President. These so called altruistic acts are becoming laughable.
Actually I’ve seen too much to be anything but cynical.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yeah, above posts are no surprise,
the typical naysayers against everything Dominican.
sure, all come from countries where zero corruption exists, the presidents solely think about the best for their people and no narco would stand a chance to bride government officials to be able to ship drugs by Container Loads to there.
lol.
what ever the Presi would do,
YOU would always find a way to tear it apart, becaue some could not be happy if there would not be something to complain about.

that someone is wealthy/rich, does not mean he/she would not steal to get richer, agreed.
that a Presi does donate his salary for a good cause does not mean he wouldn't steal it tripple elsewhere, agreed.
BUT:
why to blame a men while doing good stuff, BEFORE anybody of you guys couldname a single cause where He did bad?
Gulty before a crime been committed? to me it sounds thatsthe normal rule where you come from.
to me:
he is new and did to date zero bad.
he brings to date his orders out to move things for better.
he just donated his salary for a good cause.
he is rich enough to not care about steeling a extra Billion Pesos, because he already legally owns almost 4.5 Billions.
so far I hear/read that the DR President does pay appropriate taxes on his huge wealth.

so to me, let the man do his job and observe.
if you catch him with his pants down, write about it,
but why all those speculations and haterets about something none here has the slightest clue about?

one of my basic life rules is to
stay away from lawyers, politicians and priests, because they are the Mayor P.I.T.A. of Humanity since day 1.
I am a completely non-politics guy.
but I don't damn anybody for something that did not happen.

Drak

Jul 7, 2015
one of my basic life rules is to
stay away from lawyers, politicians and priests, because they are the Mayor P.I.T.A. of Humanity since day 1.
I am a completely non-politics guy.
but I don't damn anybody for something that did not happen.

Forgive me but you appear to contradict yourself...

On one hand you're criticizing those for their comments about a politician,

and on the other hand you go on to say you 'stay away from lawyers, politicians and priests' for your said reason above.

So which is it?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Forgive me but you appear to contradict yourself...

On one hand you're criticizing those for their comments about a politician,

and on the other hand you go on to say you 'stay away from lawyers, politicians and priests' for your said reason above.

So which is it?
To each their own but he's doing a hell of a lot
more out the gate than the last president.

Reactions: JD Jones and Drak

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
I am observing.
My cynicism is based on people he has appointed. Many are from wealthy families who have a long history in Dominican politics, corruption and all.
That in addition to the flower budget at the Ministry of Education. I’ll link the thread if I can find it.
None of this is unique to the DR and occurs all over the world, in so called developed countries as well.

Reactions: aarhus

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The comments are very typical of DR1 members. No need to say more but where else do you find a group of spectators who have no vote, no say in the matter, sitting on the sidelines critiquing the political scene? Tell me. It's all for naught.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
No need to say more but where else do you find a group of spectators who have no vote, no say in the matter, sitting on the sidelines critiquing the political scene?
Happens around the globe.
Da Bronx, Nueva York
Patterson, Nueva Yorsey
Basdon, MA
South L.A., Zombie Land?
Miami
San Antonio, TX
Malmo, Sweden
Cologne, Germany
Paris suburbs (north side)
Johannisburg, South Africa
Any town/ city that borders