Luis Abinader: It is the time for Dominicans to unite

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019

The moment for all Dominicans to unite has come to overcome the current crisis caused by the spread of Covid-19, said President-elect Luis Abinader, upon receiving his certificate as the President of the Dominican Republic for the 2020-2024 term.

“Now is the time for unity among all Dominicans. We need to replace individual political differences with the collective interest of the Dominican Republic,” he said. “That is my commitment, to work to unite and never to divide,” he said after congratulating all political parties for participating “in a difficult campaign that forced us to leave the streets to communicate by virtual means.”

Abinader highlighted the transition work that he is coordinating with outgoing President Danilo Medina to ensure that there is continuity of state in the policies that will provide a reactivation of the Dominican economy in the current...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 30, 2019
Well the verdict is in and he is definitely a politician.
its always funny to me after any campaign, that literally divides people, to then say we gotta come together after coming out victorious...silly boilerplate type stuff.
nonetheless, i wish the new president all the best luck, clear weather and wind in his sails.