Man pretended to be a doctor for more than 20 years

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Dr-Pedro-Antonio-Fermin-N-Digital-1024x631.png

Investigative reporter Nuria Piera unmasked a man who for around 20 years had posed as a doctor in the public health system. She disclosed on her investigative program on Saturday, 18 March 2023 that “Doctor” Pedro Antonio Fermín had never graduated in medicine nor did he have a state authorization to practice medicine. Presented with the evidence, the National Health System (SNS) dismissed the man. The SNS acted after the journalist revealed that Fermín had presented a false university degree.

Pedro Antonio Fermin served as a doctor at the Villa Duarte Municipal Hospital. Notwithstanding, in the SNS he is on the payroll of a hospital located in Ensanche Ozama, where he is paid RD$70,019 a month.

Fermín confessed to Piera that he had started his studies for the medical doctor title at the state university UASD, but never concluded these. He said he did not have the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Nuria also exposed someone who was working as a teacher with a fake degree. She is also running for diputada.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
When I first arrived here med students could buy their exam scores and certificates. If I had to guess the same applied for a lot other professions as well.

This comes as no surprise and I'll be sure to add it to my "Only In The DR" file.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
When I first arrived here med students could buy their exam scores and certificates. If I had to guess the same applied for a lot other professions as well.

This comes as no surprise and I'll be sure to add it to my "Only In The DR" file.

Probably still the case these days . We get a lot of “out of this world “ AI generated resumes these days for jobs we advertise in DR ….This one time…. I suggest that we try to verify the qualifications with the institutions …and miesposa basically said “…yeah right…you go ahead” . Long story.

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Well based on a couple doctors I visited in Bournigal, he might not be the only one practicing that didn't complete his study.
The education system in DR is severely lacking bottom to top.
There are exceptions that seem to be likely a result of self effort and parents most likely taking an active role in making their child study.

Education Failures
Convoluted & Unjust Legal System
Pathetic Medical Treatment
Poor Roads and Poorer Drivers
Pollution and Litter
Abohrent Music and Excessive Noise
Abuse of Animals
Femicides
Poor Vehicle Mechanics
Illegal Immigration
Corrupt Politicians

These are the issues which generate the top complaints here in DR. Most of these are present in many other countries.

Reactions: CristoRey