Mango Recipes

lovemedo

Nov 3, 2013
We have about a million mangos here right now, all our trees are full, and the ones that aren't have a zillion flowers on them. They're delicious, but how many can you eat in a day???? We've got many different varieties, some tastier than others.

There's a vacant property on our road, and there must be 5000 mangos on the ground. No one wants them anymore, not even the pigs. A few days ago, a neighbor who we help out [and often feed] came over for a visit. He has little, but a property full of fruit trees, so he always brings some of his latest harvest. This time was a big bag of tangerines, and a 5 gallon bucket of mangos. After he left I asked Mr. AE what were we going to do with all those mangos. :rolleyes:

So I googled "Mango Bread" - not sure there was such a thing, but I love banana bread. Found this recipe and made it last night - fast and easy, and best of all, it was DELICIOUS. I ran the mango through the food processor instead of chopping it.

Fresh Mango Bread Recipe - Food.com

Anyone else have different recipes to use up the mangos???? I think I'll be making a bunch of these breads and freezing them.

I have a few recipes
mango with icecream
mango with OJ/pineapple juice , kale and carrot, banana, celery sometimes some wholemeal....kinda like a slushie but healthier. Im an athlete so this is what i have daily 500mls (250 juice/250 water)
mango and hamburger mince...its kind of a salsa maybe...anyways mango cubes soy sauce pepper, red and green peppers, sweet chili sauce, coriander, onion....its an asian thing my monther handed down to me

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I was wondering about the season part too..... I have 3 diffrent variaties, all are in flower now but the fruit time is early summer to begining/mid autumn...... but my SIL's tree in POP still has fruit. I prefer the " banilero" (?) ones..

I think you mean banilejo mangoes, and yes they are fabulous. I also love the 'gota de oro' and 'yamagi' (sp?). We were at Supermarcado Nacional last week, and they had some giant mangoes, 1.5-2 pounds each! Now Mr. AE is looking everywhere for some of those trees, I forget the name, it was something like Pascual I think

lovemedo

Nov 3, 2013
I have a few recipes
mango with icecream
mango with OJ/pineapple juice , kale and carrot, banana, celery sometimes some wholemeal....kinda like a slushie but healthier. Im an athlete so this is what i have daily 500mls (250 juice/250 water)
mango and hamburger mince...its kind of a salsa maybe...anyways mango cubes soy sauce pepper, red and green peppers, sweet chili sauce, coriander, onion....its an asian thing my monther handed down to me

I forgot my favourite

Mango Dominicana - ingredients are; myself and my novia plus a mango or 5
"Resbaladizo cuando est? mojado"

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I don't have any recipes but how about using a majority of Mangos to make a juice. You could experiment adding other tropical juices and make a blend. Also Mango and rum go well. You could also find a recipe to make mango jam or a mango dipping sauce for chicken wings or coconut shrimp. My mouth is watering just thinking about this.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
We like p.e. for dessert:

ripe mango, pur?ed, careful mixed with whipped cream, touch of lemon.
For min. 1 h keep it in the cold part of the fridge - ready.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
@ Ms. AlterEgo, use all you can for whatever you can. take the rest especially the ones that fall to the ground. Strip the fruit into a blender, puree it and pour it about 3/4 full into half gallon plastic milk containers, or plastic fruit juice containers and freeze it to use another time when there is no mangos left.. This is widely done around the Caribbean and will keep frozen for six months. I wouldn't trust it afterwards. Why you ask?? I really don't know, but that's what I'm told by West Indian ladies that do this every year. My guess is that it's because of the air left inside which you could get rid of if you were to vacuum seal the puree.

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
You would want to find a good way to preserve in the fridge, or jar.
I had mango butter, mango jam. Mango yogurt, frozen mango concentrate,
Starting to sound like bubba! Even drying and sealing is a good deal.
Google for recipes.

Krishna Duddukuri

Feb 6, 2015
Hii,

Where exactly is this? i can teach you to make sweet and spicy mango chutney. Also in india we make mango pickles if they are green and hard, can
stay upto one year. Mango Lassi!

Regards

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
We have about a million mangos here right now, all our trees are full, and the ones that aren't have a zillion flowers on them. They're delicious, but how many can you eat in a day???? We've got many different varieties, some tastier than others.

There's a vacant property on our road, and there must be 5000 mangos on the ground. No one wants them anymore, not even the pigs. A few days ago, a neighbor who we help out [and often feed] came over for a visit. He has little, but a property full of fruit trees, so he always brings some of his latest harvest. This time was a big bag of tangerines, and a 5 gallon bucket of mangos. After he left I asked Mr. AE what were we going to do with all those mangos. :rolleyes:

So I googled "Mango Bread" - not sure there was such a thing, but I love banana bread. Found this recipe and made it last night - fast and easy, and best of all, it was DELICIOUS. I ran the mango through the food processor instead of chopping it.

Fresh Mango Bread Recipe - Food.com

Anyone else have different recipes to use up the mangos???? I think I'll be making a bunch of these breads and freezing them.

mango is a zillon $ bis...find something to do with themmm