Marbete 2022

David B

Aug 31, 2017
Anyone know if there's a penalty if you renew after December 31? I was told that there is but I just wanted to verify.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Just a hint - if in Sosua you can avoid the long wait at the bank in front of Playero. The bank across from Finish Line ( city hall street ) - in and out in 10 minutes this week.

Reactions: David B

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
not if you do it before 15 January
https://dgii.gov.do/marbetes/

It's actually until January 31st

So, no penalty if done after December 31st or January 15th, but starting February 1st, yes there is.

"¿Qué debo hacer para renovar el marbete después de concluido el proceso de renovación?
- Efectuar el pago del impuesto según la tarifa vigente:
Vehículos con años de fabricación hasta el 2017 pagan RD$1,500.00 más RD$ 2,000.00 de recargo.
Vehículos con años de fabricación del 2018 en adelante pagarán RD$3,000.00 más RD$ 2,000.00 de recargo."

So there's a 2000 pesos aditional penalty if you do it after January 31st.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Anyone know if there's a penalty if you renew after December 31? I was told that there is but I just wanted to verify.

Yes there is . Had first hand experience of this ….when we overstayed our trip abroad …..and couldn’t pay the marbete until when we returned in late February/March of the new year .Had to go to the DGII building* to pay …was shocked to see the number of people in the same boat …ended up paying around 5,000 pesos in total …including the penalty, if I remember correctly .No fuss...no questions….just …cash …stamp…and…next !! The service was much better than our annual renewal ritual at the bank.😬😁.

*Tip - for people in PC, it’s the building between Jumbo and Sunix gas station…2nd floor, I think.🤔

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
There are always lines in the DGII offices, but not necessarily folks paying late marbetes.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Reminder: Don't forget to tell your friends and neighbors next Tuesday Jan 31 is the last day to renew your marbete without paying a fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlterEgo

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Yes there is . Had first hand experience of this ….when we overstayed our trip abroad …..and couldn’t pay the marbete until when we returned in late February/March of the new year .Had to go to the DGII building* to pay …was shocked to see the number of people in the same boat …ended up paying around 5,000 pesos in total …including the penalty, if I remember correctly .No fuss...no questions….just …cash …stamp…and…next !! The service was much better than our annual renewal ritual at the bank.😬😁.

*Tip - for people in PC, it’s the building between Jumbo and Sunix gas station…2nd floor, I think.🤔
PC People, the Banreservas at Plaza San Juan-Bavaro, Veron opposit Zuglul, and Blvd de Noviembre in Punta Cana will sell tags on Tuesday if they have them. After Tuesday its at DGII.

Regards,

PJT

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
Went through hell to get mine yesterday. I've always sent someone to do it and yesterday they asked for ID for the first time in eight years.

Question: does anyone have their passport number on their matricula?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Went through hell to get mine yesterday. I've always sent someone to do it and yesterday they asked for ID for the first time in eight years.

I have neither my cedula or passport on the matricula for my Santa Fe and I haven't had any problems. On my Forester I have my Cedula number.

Reactions: chicagoan14

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

A friend of mine from Florida has his passport number on his matricula.

Reactions: chicagoan14

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Well the fines start in earnest on Wednesday - watch Digisett have a field day. Mainly it will be Dominicans in Sonatas with blacked out windows who never get their Marbete's until forced to

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
https://dgii.gov.do/marbetes/

It's actually until January 31st

So, no penalty if done after December 31st or January 15th, but starting February 1st, yes there is.

"¿Qué debo hacer para renovar el marbete después de concluido el proceso de renovación?
- Efectuar el pago del impuesto según la tarifa vigente:
Vehículos con años de fabricación hasta el 2017 pagan RD$1,500.00 más RD$ 2,000.00 de recargo.
Vehículos con años de fabricación del 2018 en adelante pagarán RD$3,000.00 más RD$ 2,000.00 de recargo."

So there's a 2000 pesos aditional penalty if you do it after January 31st.
I just clicked on the link above and it's not good. Do they have a different website for each year? This will be my first time renewing a marbete.