Marbete/Placa - No Problem -- Revista - What a JOKE!

Aug 21, 2007
Just across from Banco Popular. There is a little triangular park. On the base of the triangle- sort of parallel to the next block that has the bigger new park, is Bancamerica.

If you park on the street that Baileys and Banco Popular are on, right on the triangle park, and walk west (I believe) a bit, you will surely see Bancamerica.

Lindsey

Reactions: Bronxboy

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Brilliant, many thanks. You can tell I hardly get out these days! ..and another question, does anyone know the date by which they have to be purchased or are we already overdue?

Thanks in advance.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Brilliant, many thanks. You can tell I hardly get out these days! ..and another question, does anyone know the date by which they have to be purchased or are we already overdue?

Thanks in advance.

pm SantiagoDR, Don, he can help you with everything you need to know....

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Pardon my ignorance but what's a Revista? I've renewed my Marbete every year but never bought a Revista, nobody has even mentioned the word to me, I thought a Revista was something you read like a magazine.

Reactions: Bronxboy

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
pm SantiagoDR, Don, he can help you with everything you need to know....

Well, not quite everything

nnwopj.gif

2a5jfw9.gif

SantiagoDR

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
An educated Dominican told me once that revistas bought off the street it are always fakes. They may be real stickers stolen and sold in bulk by Transito Terrestre employees.

He told me that there is no back up record of your purchase at TT.

If a foreigner has a bootleg revista and is involved in a serious accident that involves bodily injury and an investigation turns up the bootleg revista the foreigner can be deported and all local assets seized.

I go the legal route and if theres a flocking line I deal with it.

Some cheap tigueraje will bite you in the butt.

Don't buy a revista on the street. If you have a reliable mensajero who can get you a legal revista great. Reliable is the key word.

Reactions: waytogo

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Inspection

Yep but check they're giving you the real one, there are a lot of fake revistas around.

So u mean that u can get false revistas? I want the real revista with the inspection of an expert!!!

e?palante k vamos

I wonder if the authorities laugh at their own system.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
An educated Dominican told me once that revistas bought off the street it are always fakes. They may be real stickers stolen and sold in bulk by Transito Terrestre employees.

He told me that there is no back up record of your purchase at TT.

If a foreigner has a bootleg revista and is involved in a serious accident that involves bodily injury and an investigation turns up the bootleg revista the foreigner can be deported and all local assets seized.

I go the legal route and if theres a flocking line I deal with it.

Some cheap tigueraje will bite you in the butt.

Don't buy a revista on the street. If you have a reliable mensajero who can get you a legal revista great. Reliable is the key word.

One educated dominican ones told me that the earth was flat.

False revista real revista...there are no real revistas.

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
I have been to 2 BanReservas in Santo Domingo and neither of them had the forms for the revista.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I paid for my revista at Banreservas on Luperon in Santo Domingo last Monday. I went next door to the Banco BDI to get my placa. The lady in front of me got hers and when they got to me their internal line went down.

No problema. I went over to la Sirena on Win'tan Chul'chi to the banco BDI and they told me you can get it after 3PM. It was 2 PM.

I left. Life in paradise.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Ok so if a truck has no body work in the front only motor and chasis, no lights (front or back), no windows or doors and no windscreen...just where do they put thier rivista (safety inspection)?????

Bob K

Reactions: bienamor