Margarita Cedeño misses out meeting her replacement

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019

Vice President Margarita Cedeño was not present for the first official visit of Luis Abinader and Raquel Peña to the Presidential Palace as President-elect and Vice President-elect. N Digital news service commented that the situation was “strange” and contrary to protocol. Cedeño was running for a third term as Vice President on the ruling Dominican Liberation Party (PLD) ticket with Gonzalo Castillo.

On Wednesday, 8 July 2020, the PRM transition commission visited the Presidential Palace accepting an invitation from the Medina administration. Abinader and his commission were met at the Presidential Palace by Presidency Minister Gustavo Montalvo; Administrative Minister José Ramón Peralta, legal advisor to the President Flavio Darío Espinal.

Vice President Margarita Cedeño said she will meet Thursday with Vice President-elect Raquel Peña at 11am at the...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
I am a bit confused...this news by Dolores is stamped 8:53 AM today...the meeting was scheduled between the two ladies for 11:00 AM today...so how can Margarita not be present before the time scheduled...:oops:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am a bit confused...this news by Dolores is stamped 8:53 AM today...the meeting was scheduled between the two ladies for 11:00 AM today...so how can Margarita not be present before the time scheduled...:oops:
On Wednesday, 8 July 2020, the PRM transition commission visited the Presidential Palace.....

That would be yesterday.

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
My bad...they showed a pic of the vice to be and her...I confused yesterdays meeting with the ladies meet up today...yes strange her not being there...she probably had red eyes from all the crying...thanks windeguy...

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
From what I've read most major papers did not paint it the way that she was a no show on purpose...I believe it was previously planned that way so Margarita can get her own separate meeting...she does have an ego the size of Jupiter...hasta la vista baby te vas...