Mark Cuban's cost plus drugs.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Mark Cuban has started a new website selling medications at cost+ 15%

Take a look at:https://costplusdrugs.com/

One of my BP medications here costs around 80 dollars a box. The same through costplus - 11 dollars. Big savings.

I know some of the couriers don't like to move medications, but still worth looking into.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Wait ….website says …”Albendazole Tablet • 200mg • 2 count for $33.00 😳😳…Retail price at other pharmacies $437.68 “

Holy ladrones !!! ….Is this the same Albendazole . 400mg. …that you can get here in DR for 400 pesos or less for a blister (10 count) ??? 🤔🤔🤔

Reactions: Seamonkey

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Wait ….website says …”Albendazole Tablet • 200mg • 2 count for $33.00 😳😳…Retail price at other pharmacies $437.68 “

Holy ladrones !!! ….Is this the same Albendazole . 400mg. …that you can get here in DR for 400 pesos or less for a blister (10 count) ??? 🤔🤔🤔
Generic vs. name brand.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I use COVERSYL (perindopril ) for HP and haven't yet found a generic form here in the DR. Cost 3,437 pesos with the cash discount. cost in the US I believe is around 60 dollars. I get it free in Canada as part of my Veterans medical.

Reactions: Lucifer

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Cuban wants to disrupt the stranglehold that drug companies and insurance companies exercise on the American people.
He is a disruptor.
Not just any old garden variety disruptor.
He seems to have in mind the "public good".
What a concept.
Of course, he is an entrepreneur and the company will have to turn a profit.
It's no charity.
His past successes have provided him with the fortune necessary to move forward with this venture.
He is right.
Something has to be done.
The problem is ginormous and growing.
I wish him success.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I use COVERSYL (perindopril ) for HP and haven't yet found a generic form here in the DR. Cost 3,437 pesos with the cash discount. cost in the US I believe is around 60 dollars. I get it free in Canada as part of my Veterans medical.
How do you get it here?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Once I checked out the prices online with the shipping costs it wasnt worth it. I am sure for some drugs it is. All my other medication is common and cheap here. My neighbor is a pharmacist and lets me know which brands are trustworthy. I have to get it in person in Canada.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
So, I just received an email from Mark Cuban's website, which now offers the same medication I take for BP.

My current cost here is a little over 4000 pesos for 28 pills. Take a look at the price below:

Valsartan-Hydrochlorothiazide
Tablet • 160mg-12.5mg • 30 count

$10.80​

Form
Tablet
Strength
80mg-12.5mg160mg-12.5mg160mg-25mg

I wonder if they would accept prescriptions from local doctors?

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
So, I just received an email from Mark Cuban's website, which now offers the same medication I take for BP.

My current cost here is a little over 4000 pesos for 28 pills. Take a look at the price below:

Valsartan-Hydrochlorothiazide
Tablet • 160mg-12.5mg • 30 count

$10.80​

Form
Tablet
Strength
80mg-12.5mg160mg-12.5mg160mg-25mg

I wonder if they would accept prescriptions from local doctors?
A local prescription might be difficult to fill in the US. They are going to wonder why it's shipped to Florida and that's if your re-shipper will even consider any type of pharmaceutical drugs to ship to the DR.

I think what Mark Cuban is doing is fantastic but I doubt if it will work for the DR.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Reshipping pharmaceuticals filled by a pharmacy in the United States of America is not a problem.
Fact ‼️

Now that being said I have not had a Schedule 3 pharmaceutical as listed Controlled Substance Act shipped here.
If those are the types of drugs you wish to be shipped, I would seek counsel about that.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
It all depends on your re-shipper. Our opinions don't count. The company re-shipping it has final say.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
It all depends on your re-shipper.
The re-shipper I use to reship pharmaceuticals filled by a pharmacy in the United States of America has delivered them to me in the Dominican Republic without a problem.
Our opinions don't count.
See my statement above. It is not my opinion. It is a fact ‼️
Fact: "a thing that is known or proved to be true."
The company re-shipping it has final say.
My packages arrive so I guess the company re-shipping them do have their say when it come to my packages.

Now that being said I have not had a Schedule 3 pharmaceutical as listed Controlled Substance Act shipped here.
If those are the types of drugs you wish to be shipped, I would seek counsel about that.

Can we say pedantic?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
As I said the re-shipper has final say. If yours does good for you. Take a good star and chill out. Not all shipping company's will ship pharmaceutical products as not everybody tells the truth about what's in the box.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Those who are actually ship things into the country know that DGM inspects a very high number of packages entering the country.
I am not moving container loads of pharmaceuticals (legal).
It is funny how people who get put into check ♟️find the need to tell others what to do while licking their wounds.

You were wrong.
DGM has the final say. 🎯
If you really get down to it.
But it's ok to be wrong.
Just don't compound it with attitude.
But that is just my opinion.

Each re-shipper has it own rules.
But now, can someone tell me why they would use a re-shipper that will not provide the service they seek and others will?
It is no harder than going to a different website and filling out the forms online.