Married Dominicans

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
I have read many of your stories and responses about foreigners marring Dominicans and they are very insightful. I would like to know about Dominicans married to each other. Are married Dominicans families similar to the US? Are there a lot of Divorces, are most legal or common law marriages, and are both spouses employed? Can someone direct me to a thread? I am very curious. I live in New York City close to Washington Heights, but I still don?t see many married Dominicans.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hola curlando. I don't think we have a thread about Dominicans married to each other. Maybe some of our Dominican members can answer these questions for you.

Let's try and stay on topic folks.

Thanks

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Here's my family's case. Everyone is Dominican, by the way.

My parents have been married for 23 years. Haven't even separated or anything, they argue but that's a given. All couples will.

My 3 aunts have all gotten divorced. The oldest was married in the 60s to a Dominican, got divorced from him and married another Dominican, who she stayed with until he passed and so did the 3rd aunt and her husband. They work but it depends on the spouses being open-minded or at least they keep the lines of communication open.............like anywhere else....thats my two cents