Masks mandated to be worn at all times when outdoors, in a public space and in the workplace

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Mascarillas-Pixabay-e1590682197251.png

The Ministry of Public Health mandated the use of face masks in public spaces and private collective spaces.Yet the resolution does not indicate how the measure will be enforced and the parameters to decide the penalty.

On 16 April 2020, the government had already mandated the use of face masks. What is different now is that the government is ordering a fine of one to 10 minimum wages for those that are found to not be complying with the face mask requirement. Diario Libre estimates the fines could range from RD$10,000 to RD$100,000 for not wearing a mask.

All workers are mandated to use the masks at work. Those visiting parks or other public places must wear these at all times.

Public Health Minister Rafael Sánchez Cárdenas read the new Resolution 0016 of the Ministry of Public Health during the Coronavirus Epidemiological Bulletin #95 briefing on Monday morning...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
But it seems like you can wear it under your chin and not over your mouth and nose. Just like wearing a crash helmet on your elbow.

That's exactly what I do when I walk. Lots of others do the same.

The whole thing about wearing masks at all time is just plain stupid. They don't do any good if you're not around anybody else.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I can't wait to get back to Florida.
I've had enough of this crap. This
is about money, not about saving
lives.
I hope you will be more happy there, but if you are going to Miami, masks are mandatory there too. Florida is currently among the states with the highest number of new cases in the USA, a country with the highest number of cases and deaths in the world. Good luck!

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I hope you will be more happy there, but if you are going to Miami, masks are mandatory there too. Florida is currently among the states with the highest number of new cases in the USA, a country with the highest number of cases and deaths in the world. Good luck!
The U.S. has done by far more testing so it is not surprising to have more cases plus around 330 million people, so more deaths also yes, most elderly or people with pre-existing conditions. I don't really trust the numbers either because as one press conference in Illinois made clear, if a person is dying of cancer and happens to test positive COVID will be on the death cert.
I have 3 daughters in Florida and life is much more free for them than here. My oldest drove with her husband up to Savannah Ga for a few days and then to Asheville N.C. like free human beings.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I can't wait to get back to Florida.
I've had enough of this crap. This
is about money, not about saving
lives.
You sound like you think only the DR has problems with dealing with the Corona Virus. You should be able to go back to your country. There have been flights to there during the National Emergency. Repatriation flights. Safe travels.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You sound like you think only the DR has problems with dealing with the Corona Virus. You should be able to go back to your country. There have been flights to there during the National Emergency. Repatriation flights. Safe travels.
What they säy and what they do, SMH..
I live in Santiago. Aftér the 3rd cancellatioñ in 2 months, I took the refund option. I'll try again later this year.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Ño doubt. If ya old, fat, gimp or in poor health stay home. In the meantime the rest us hãve livès to live.
Miami can thank NYC for their spike.

Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

This is true. I saw a Miami based newscast last evening where they announced that full time mask wearing was going into effect. They were also going to begin enforcing regulatory actions against bars/clubs that were pretending to be restaurants in order to draw customers.

Reactions: Harleysrock

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
What they säy and what they do, SMH..
I live in Santiago. Aftér the 3rd cancellatioñ in 2 months, I took the refund option. I'll try again later this year.

Out of Santiago perhaps, but there are flights out of SDQ if yo so desire.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
very very few wear masks in SW Florida

Reactions: CristoRey

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
Ño doubt. If ya old, fat, gimp or in poor health stay home. In the meantime the rest us hãve livès to live.
Miami can thank NYC for their spike.
Excuse me, why do you want to live at my expense?

Supposing I am old, fat, gimp or in poor health but I still want to to the restaurants and theaters, shopping, travelling and meet my clients face to face. I would also like to make more money, for which the DR must be recognized as having the virus under control.

Social distancing and lockouts are the only ways to control the spread at the moment. The attitudes like yours inhibt the control attempts. And I am paying with all these limitations for the risky lifestyles of guys like you.

Like risk? Fine, go climbing rocks and I will admire you.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

Supposing I am old, fat, gimp or in poor health but I still want to to the restaurants and theaters, shopping, travelling and meet my clients face to face. I would also like to make more money, for which the DR must be recognized as having the virus under control.

Social distancing and lockouts are the only ways to control the spread at the moment. The attitudes like yours inhibt the control attempts. And I am paying with all these limitations for the risky lifestyles of guys like you.

Then you have accepted the risks. No problem.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Care to elaborate on how this is all about money an not the health of people? I honestly don't get the connection.
No need to elaborate.
Simply read the news.
Ministry of Health is asking
some very good questions about the Nationaĺ Budget lately.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Nature's way of thinning the herd.
Perhaps yôu should be the one to
change your life, not the rest of civilization changìng our lives for you.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Care to elaborate on how this is all about money an not the health of people? I honestly don't get the connection.
Lets step back for a minute
and take a look at the big picture.
Saving lives? Well, if you live here
(as you do, Sosua I believe) you
know how relaxed this country is
about putting regulations/ laws
into practice to save lives or even
demonstrating the least amount
of common sense, say maybe....
stop signs at intersections? seat
belts? 10 in one car? drinking and
driving? Bald tires on tractor trailers?
construction practices? building codes?
allowing kilos of drugs to flood these streets on a
monthly basis? Food handling?
Counterfit pharmacuticals openly
sold in parks and on street corners?
I could go on for hours but I think
you get my point. FACT: Influenza killed
over 6,000 here last year. How many
businesses were closed as a result of
this outbreak?

Now fines for not wearing mask in public.
10,000 to 100,000 pesos is a lot of
money for most Dominicans who've never
left the island. I've met people in passing
who would kill for less. Who collects this
money? Are these "fines" being used to
help fight covid? Didn't I read the IMF gave
this government 650 million USD a few months
ago. Didn't I read just recently they have been
approved for 100 million USD more? Where in
the hell is all of this money going?
Heaven forbid the PLD use it to buy off votes
and this election in a few weeks as that would
reallly make the folks who've been pushing this
shelter in place/ wear the mask while out in
public look like a bunch of FOOLS... wouldn't it?

And why did the Ministry of Health lash out last
week because almost none of the new National
Budget has been designated to help fight covid1984???

You be the judge.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Lets step back for a minute
and take a look at the big picture.
Saving lives? Well, if you live here
(as you do, Sosua I believe) you
know how relaxed this country is
about putting regulations/ laws
into practice to save lives or even
demonstrating the least amount
of common sense, say maybe....
stop signs at intersections? seat
belts? 10 in one car? drinking and
driving? Bald tires on tractor trailers?
construction practices? building codes?
allowing kilos of drugs to flood these streets on a
monthly basis? Food handling?
Counterfit pharmacuticals openly
sold in parks and on street corners?
I could go on for hours but I think
you get my point. FACT: Influenza killed
over 6,000 here last year. How many
businesses were closed as a result of
this outbreak?

Now fines for not wearing mask in public.
10,000 to 100,000 pesos is a lot of
money for most Dominicans who've never
left the island. I've met people in passing
who would kill for less. Who collects this
money? Are these "fines" being used to
help fight covid? Didn't I read the IMF gave
this government 650 million USD a few months
ago. Didn't I read just recently they have been
approved for 100 million USD more? Where in
the hell is all of this money going?
Heaven forbid the PLD use it to buy off votes
and this election in a few weeks as that would
reallly make the folks who've been pushing this
shelter in place/ wear the mask while out in
public look like a bunch of FOOLS... wouldn't it?

And why did the Ministry of Health lash out last
week because almost none of the new National
Budget has been designated to help fight covid1984???

You be the judge.

All could be true but maybe a slight difference is that the WHO and international community in general including the US sees it as their business that the DR limits spread of the virus and the lift of international travel advisory from European countries and the US is maybe dependent on that and maybe the loans are depending on that to. At least they have to try and do something. The virus especially spread with people traveling.