Max 8 on AA schedule POP.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
We are going to BVI in July and started booking flights. POP to MIA on American and noticed that they have the MAX 8 as the plane. We found this a little odd since certification has not been completed and many pilot and cabin attendends unions would need to also "sign off" on those planes.

My wife and I would very much NOT want to board a MAX 8 so will get to Santiago for other flights and/or carriers. Found that instead of POP-MIA with layover then MIA-San Juan with layover then to BVI on Silver.... Will take Silver from Santiago to San Juan with layover to meet up with family then onto BVI on Silver.

Not sure how our future flights will work out but really don't want to get on a Max8. More of a matter of complete loss of confidence and trust with Boeing then anything else.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Copied right from American.

Depart
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic to Miami, FL
Thursday, July 2, 2020

AA 935 7M8-Boeing 737MAX 8 Passenger

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Pilots may be required to re-train.

https://onemileatatime.com/boeing-737-max-pilot-simulator/

In this post:

737 MAX Pilots Will Need Simulator Training
Why Is Boeing Making This Recommendation?
What This Means For Airlines
Bottom Line

I wonder how many have done this; given that the fixes have not been approved so not made yet. Thus, no training has started. I'm guessing.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
We are going to BVI in July and started booking flights. POP to MIA on American and noticed that they have the MAX 8 as the plane. We found this a little odd since certification has not been completed and many pilot and cabin attendends unions would need to also "sign off" on those planes.

My wife and I would very much NOT want to board a MAX 8 so will get to Santiago for other flights and/or carriers. Found that instead of POP-MIA with layover then MIA-San Juan with layover then to BVI on Silver.... Will take Silver from Santiago to San Juan with layover to meet up with family then onto BVI on Silver.

Not sure how our future flights will work out but really don't want to get on a Max8. More of a matter of complete loss of confidence and trust with Boeing then anything else.

They schedule the flights with the Max but the same way the keep extending the sarting of Max and replacing by 737-800 as is still banned to fly.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
The type of plane is subject to change anytime, even if you book a flight that says the plane is 737-800 or an Airbus.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I noticed earlier today that 737 MAX 8 is slated for one of my flights next month :confused:

Better check again....

For Instance:
All the afternoon flights from Miami to Santiago on A/A have now been removed from the flight schedules through August 17th.
http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/2020/The-Latest-Information-About-737-MAX-Operations-OPS-DIS/default.aspx?reportedLocation=homePage.do&reportedPosition=1&reportedTitle=Updates+on+the+Boeing+737+MAX&repositoryName=PromotionContentRepository&repositoryId=200313082&locale=en_US#

An Update on the Boeing 737 MAX
Friday, February 14, 2020, 3:30 PM

Updated Feb. 14, 2020 at 3:30 p.m. CT. American Airlines remains in continuous contact with the Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Transportation and Boeing. Based on the latest guidance, the airline anticipates that the resumption of scheduled commercial service on American’s fleet of Boeing 737 MAX aircraft will occur Aug. 18, 2020.

Updated Feb. 14, 2020 at 3:30 p.m. CT.

American Airlines remains in continuous contact with the Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Transportation and Boeing. Based on the latest guidance, the airline anticipates that the resumption of scheduled commercial service on American’s fleet of Boeing 737 MAX aircraft will occur Aug. 18, 2020.

Frequently asked questions

When will American run a schedule change and inform customers who were booked on a MAX from June 4 through Aug. 17?
American had previously canceled service on the MAX through June 3. On Feb. 23, American will run a formal schedule change, and customers who were previously booked on a MAX through Aug. 17 will see their reservation updated on aa.com. Additional refinements to our schedule through Aug. 17 will also occur in March 2020.