McDonalds

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Danny W said:
I always thought that a NY style pizza by the slice/hero restaurant couldn't miss in Sosua. Now don't steal my idea, but I will go partners with someone.- D

Hey Danny that's a great idea even here in the CITY (sto Domingo)
i'm yet to find a good NY style pizza.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
ERICKXSON said:
Hey Danny that's a great idea even here in the CITY (sto Domingo)
i'm yet to find a good NY style pizza.

The key is selling slices. Anyone want to go in on it with me? - D

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Not sure what NY style pizza is but if it's still there, I saw a pizzaria next to "whitehorse cafe" Sosua.The place where they have internet.
I watched the lady making it as I sat across the street eating Dominican food. It was like making it at home. She was grating the cheese onto the dough. (It wasn't in a plastic bag already grated.) I'll have to try it next time. Anyone know if it's still there?

Last edited:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
My personal opinion is that Pizzarelli pizza rivals many a New York pizzaria.
They sure beat Pizza Hut and Domino's.

Anyone remember the Sandwich joint in Plaza Criolla at the end of the 70's, mid-80's? Boy, were they good!

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Ah, Pizarelli. The only pizza joint I know that puts corn niblets on top of pizza! That particular type is my wife's fav, not mine, but I do miss them as the ocassional funky alternative to Pizza Hut (yawn) and Domino's (yawn)...Ate there many times during my last visit to SD (2003).

Keith, reminiscing wistfully

Sweetbabygirl

Dec 2, 2004
so what do you guys think of Mc donalds? (personaly, I think this food is disgusting. :paranoid: I heard that they pour stuff in their food to prevent you to vomit). Do you think it's good for the economy of the country? Is its etablishment very controvised up there?

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Keith R said:
Ah, Pizarelli. The only pizza joint I know that puts corn niblets on top of pizza! That particular type is my wife's fav, not mine, but I do miss them as the ocassional funky alternative to Pizza Hut (yawn) and Domino's (yawn)...Ate there many times during my last visit to SD (2003).

Keith, reminiscing wistfully

Pizza Hut in the DR puts corn on pizza as well.

I enjoy that at least once a trip.

JD

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Well....

If you want the pizza by the slice like they have in NYC, go to Pizarelli in Plaza Naco. That was my lunch at work almost every weekend if the Taco place next to Antena Latina was closed. It tastes pretty damn good but in the past, their pizza wasn't that good. I bet that it had something to do with Domino's and Pizza Hut taking away market share from them and Pala Pizza coming up big time in the late 90s.

burmell

Jan 12, 2002
Does anyone in Santiago remember Tori Burger

When we first arrived in Santiago in 90, when there were no franchised places to eat, we went one day to "Tori Burger". It was about three blocks down from Hache and not far from our home. What an experience! The bun was so hard that it was impossible for my wife to bite and I should not have. Of course, we were not used to eating green tomatos on a sandwich. It wasn't long until old Tori Burger was put to rest.

Domwolf

Mar 22, 2004
NV_ said:
Bagels'n More
Fantino Falco #57
Santo Domingo
(809) 540-2263

copied and pasted from superpagesdr.com...

That's between Tiradente and Lope de Vega. Great little place! Pastrami and Bacon bagel'wich rocks. The chicken club is also great!

Not sure about the NY times though. If the owner is around, he might be able to tell you where to find it.

There is a magazine store in galerias de naco, that is across the street from plaza naco, they sell the NYtimes.

BeachBoys

Feb 25, 2003
Thanks DomWolf

My friend always complains that he can never find a paper overseas. He just wasn't looking hard enough.

BB

Spirit7

Aug 26, 2004
My 2 pesos.

You can get the NY Times and other foreign papers at most large hotels in Santo Domingo, anyways.

Pizzarelli and Pala Pizza are more like the real italian pizza; thinner, crispier and less junk on it.

McDowell's rip-off of McDonald's went so long because it was owned by the family of President Balaguer's bodyguard, General Rafael Perez Bello.