Meds in SD

Alas

May 3, 2015
few things i need to explain here. really hard core stuff that is prescribed in USA left, right and centre (think vicodin and so on) is not available here that easily. controlled meds are really controlled. and regular folks do not crazily overmedicate because medicine is relatively expensive and because they know next to zero about it anyways. but i appreciate a fact i can get most stuff i need without having to go to the doctor first.

Oh Amen to that!!!!

Here you get hard core meds like they are candy! No wonder there are so many people addicted to them. Last year I went to the doctor with a really bad headache and he gave me 30 Hydrocodone, plus a refill! Who needs that much medicine for a headache?!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
few things i need to explain here. really hard core stuff that is prescribed in USA left, right and centre (think vicodin and so on) is not available here that easily. controlled meds are really controlled. and regular folks do not crazily overmedicate because medicine is relatively expensive and because they know next to zero about it anyways. but i appreciate a fact i can get most stuff i need without having to go to the doctor first.

in any case, i would follow the advice of posters who get meds from USA. but it's good to know you can always get your medicine here if you forget to take it with you, run out or are in emergency situation.

I do both. I get my maintenance meds from the US, everything else I buy here. I buy them from Farmacia Sosua and
Farmacia Wecare in Sosua as well as the farmacia at Centro Medico Bournigal in Puerto Plata and have not heard about
fake meds being sold at any of those places.

Harleysrock, where have you bought meds in Sosua you thought were fake?

I do both. I get my maintenance meds from the US, everything else I buy here. I buy them from Farmacia Sosua and
Farmacia Wecare in Sosua as well as the farmacia at Centro Medico Bournigal in Puerto Plata and have not heard about
fake meds being sold at any of those places.

Harleysrock, where have you bought meds in Sosua you thought were fake?

At that pharmacy across from Sinatras on PC, lots of fakes there! A few others that's I know we got fakes at were in Cabarete. The one near Janet's on the same side of the street with a blue sign and one near the Popular plaza on the same side of the street, you have to walk up a few stairs to get to it. . No idea of the names but I will look when I go by and update.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
At that pharmacy across from Sinatras on PC, lots of fakes there! A few others that's I know we got fakes at were in Cabarete. The one near Janet's on the same side of the street with a blue sign and one near the Popular plaza on the same side of the street, you have to walk up a few stairs to get to it. . No idea of the names but I will look when I go by and update.

So I can be on the lookout, how do you know if a medication being sold by a farmacia is fake?

So I can be on the lookout, how do you know if a medication being sold by a farmacia is fake?

Well the ones that were sold to the wife and I were mostly anti-anxiety or anti depressants so the wife or I could tell bc of how we were acting and feeling 3 days later. She was like have you been taking your meds you are acting anxious or frustrated etc.. It is an easy thing to tell when you are used to taking certain meds.

I'm not sure what the other ones that were fake were, it happened to the wife more than me.

Good thing I didn't go on a killing spree :D