Meet and Greet Sosusa

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Would anyone on DR1 want to meet and match a face to a name. I know from what has be written here some don't want to come face to face. I'll be back 3/8, so where can we meet. I don't know where you live. I don't like to be out late driving. Lets pick a place. Rocky's is ok, but not for most ladies. maybe Folly Rodgers, Chez Arcinos, Midtown. I live in Caberete. There are places here. I know there are members here, I would like to meet. What do you think?

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I don't know about the 8th but that following weekend I might be up in Sosua. If I am I'll meet up somewhere. If it's daytime can I suggest somewhere on the beach? Late afternoon or evening just let me know.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
The OP wrote: Lets pick a place. Rocky's is ok, but not for most ladies.

I'm curious. Why not the ladies? Have I missed some recent changes in Rocky's?

wbr

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Rocky's is ok, but the corner is a little hard for some ladies to deal with. I'm good after 3/9. It's a long day of travel and I crash. I'm just asking for a place some of us can meet in the afternoon/ early evening. I don't like to drive at night if I don't have to. Just trying to find a place in Sosusa that is easy for people to get to. I'm coming from Caberete, so, anyone have a preference?

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Rocky's is ok, but the corner is a little hard for some ladies to deal with. I'm good after 3/9. It's a long day of travel and I crash. I'm just asking for a place some of us can meet in the afternoon/ early evening. I don't like to drive at night if I don't have to. Just trying to find a place in Sosusa that is easy for people to get to. I'm coming from Caberete, so, anyone have a preference?

Ottimo has 2-for-1 happy hour drinks and very cheap pitchers of mojitos and sangria. I think happy hour is from 4-7. That's a very happy hour.

Maco

Apr 6, 2008

Midtown is a Great idea! Quiet location off the noisy street with great food and very reasonable prices! (Disclosure, I'm the owner! Lol)

Jul 28, 2014
Would anyone on DR1 want to meet and match a face to a name. I know from what has be written here some don't want to come face to face. I'll be back 3/8, so where can we meet. I don't know where you live. I don't like to be out late driving. Lets pick a place. Rocky's is ok, but not for most ladies. maybe Folly Rodgers, Chez Arcinos, Midtown. I live in Caberete. There are places here. I know there are members here, I would like to meet. What do you think?

If you are looking to meet some DR1'ers, simply state a date and time you know you are going to be somewhere. Sosua has LOTS of functions going on in places like Checkpoint and Jolly Roger, where more than the odd DR1'er goes. I wont be around until just before La Semana Santa, but haunt many of the highly mentioned places in many of the threads Re: Sosua (still surprised I haven't seen Meems...) LOL

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
(still surprised I haven't seen Meems...) LOL

Meems prefers to keep herself a mystery, sort of like how Mimi Sheraton always wore disguises when she was the restaurant critic for the New York Times. It's much more interesting for all concerned to wonder what the actual Meemselle is like than to meet the real thing.....which is always a disappointment.

Last edited by a moderator:

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Abuela. You have been here as much or more then me. Midtown works. Please pick a date 3/9 or maybe3/14. To me weekdays are easier. If it doesn't work, at least we tried.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Abuela. You have been here as much or more then me. Midtown works. Please pick a date 3/9 or maybe3/14. To me weekdays are easier. If it doesn't work, at least we tried.

Let's do 3/9, Midtown, 4-6 if this is ok with Matt at Midtown.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I think we should have it at a DR1er owned place like Midtown. We'll be there too which ever place is decided.

I am all about giving the biz to a DRone. I was only quoting prices to DRone cheapskates.