Meet the First African American to obtain Refugee Citizenship in DR

CristoRey

Double soy latte-sugar free syrup w/ 1% milk
Apr 1, 2014
A friend of mine sent this video to me earlier. This has to be a first. Enjoy!

When you can't find safety or justice in your country's legal system, as good standing citizen, because of it's prejudice, control and greed for profits, then maybe that country just doesn't deserve you any longer! Here's a fascinating story from an ex special forces Marine, who decided to make a unique life move, in order to fix his situation.

CristoRey

Apr 1, 2014
I have only heard of a few countries granting asylum to an American
in all my years living abroad. The most notable was several years before I
moved to Amsterdam.
The Dutch government gave Holly Collins, an American who fled to Holland
with her children in 1994, asylum. Collins claimed she had been repeatedly
abuse by her ex-husband who was the father of her children but the courts
granted him custody of their children anyway, so she fled.

Caonabo

27 de Febrero
Sep 27, 2017
1610856937425.png

Caonabo

27 de Febrero
Sep 27, 2017
The look on the bloke's face when a passport was mentioned was priceless. I guess he didn't go over that in early rehearsals.
Mr. T, investigative journalism at it's _______________________.

CristoRey

Apr 1, 2014
I've watched a few of this fella's videos and I know several of the business owners/ long time residents he inteviews on a regular basis however this one takes the cake.

I can see it now....
Immigration gets slammed with asylum seeker applications by the "oppressed" and it makes international headlines, lol.

I wish I had a buck for everytime I was abused by some scumbag carring a badge.

CristoRey

Apr 1, 2014
a complete fabricated dung-fest
I've met many ex CIA, Secret Service, FBI, Navy Seals, Special Forces (Green Berets) and Rangers during the last 20 years. For some strange reason they always seem to end up in bars in well-known tourist destinations and I can't figure out why that is?
I hope the fella in this video is who he claims to be and not just another crazy Eric.

Caonabo

27 de Febrero
Sep 27, 2017
I've met many ex CIA, Secret Service, FBI, Navy Seals, Special Forces (Green Berets) and Rangers during the last 20 years. For some strange reason they always seem to end up in bars in well-known tourist destinations and I can't figure out why that is?
I hope the fella in this video is who he claims to be and not just another crazy Eric.

Here within DR1?

CristoRey

Apr 1, 2014
Here within DR1?
No. I'm talking about the guys who live in bars (pick a tourist enclave) claiming to be someone they definitely are not. I'm not saying this is the case with the guy in this video but at the same time it would not surprise me at all if it were.

Reactions: Caonabo

Big

Apr 24, 2019
he is a puppet for this guy is doing an interview, Wash D.C has never had 860 murders in a year, he has a New York accent and says he is from Wash D.C He did 19 years in the Navy like I was a Admiral commanding the Pacific fleet. Good entertainment lol

Reactions: jd426 and rover

JD Jones

Moderator - Covid 19 in DR & North Coast
Jan 7, 2016
How does he know he's the first refugee? Did they have a party for him at the Immigration office?
They give 18 month citizenship status at Immigration? That's the first time I've heard of that.
I bet he doesn't even have a cedula.
The constant editing drives me up a wall.

Reactions: Big

CristoRey

Apr 1, 2014
How does he know he's the first refugee? Did they have a party for him at the Immigration office?
They give 18 month citizenship status at Immigration? That's the first time I've heard of that.
I bet he doesn't even have a cedula.
The constant editing drives me up a wall.
Like I said in OP.
A friend saw this video and asked me whether or not this was BS. I told him I've never heard of the DR government doing this, send me the video and I'll take a look at it.

Yes, they did offer amnesty for many people living here in "unregistered" status 7 years ago but refugee (for an American of all people) would be a first. Of course there were the Jews but that was a very long time ago.

After watching the video I thought to myself...
This would make a good thread on DR1.

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator - Covid 19 in DR & North Coast
Jan 7, 2016
Like I said in OP.
A friend saw this video and asked me whether or not this was BS. I told him I've never heard of the DR government doing this, send me the video and I'll take a look at it.

Yes, they did offer amnesty for many people living here in "unregistered" status 7 years ago but refugee (for an American of all people) would be a first. Of course there were the Jews but that was a very long time ago.

After watching the video I thought to myself...
This would make a good thread on DR1.
Just so you know....My comments were not directed at you CR. it was just a "To whom it may concern" post. ;)

Reactions: CristoRey

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Special Ops my rear end. All the phony military nitwits are ex "Special Ops". They're never a cook. I'd like to meet him. I could destroy him in just 2 or 3 questions. What a maroon.

Reactions: Big

Caonabo

27 de Febrero
Sep 27, 2017
Special Ops my rear end. All the phony military nitwits are ex "Special Ops". They're never a cook. I'd like to meet him. I could destroy him in just 2 or 3 questions. What a maroon.

I think Mr. T did when he asked him if an RD passport was included in the deal. 😂🤣😂

Reactions: ctrob

CristoRey

Apr 1, 2014
Ouch.
I figured we have enough members on this forum with some real insight who would pick this one a part in a matter of minutes if these folks were blowing smoke.

Reactions: ctrob

Caonabo

27 de Febrero
Sep 27, 2017
No. I'm talking about the guys who live in bars (pick a tourist enclave) claiming to be someone they definitely are not. I'm not saying this is the case with the guy in this video but at the same time it would not surprise me at all if it were.

1610914426734.png