Meet the First African American to obtain Refugee Citizenship in DR

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Brah, why would you be so interested in a thread, commenting on it, without watching the video the entire thread is about? Do you comment and critique on restaurants where you have never dined.

Brah, why would you comment on a thread about a video without viewing it? Would you comment on a thread about a restaurant without having dined there?
Good question.

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Actually, I do feel that the man in the report is a victim.
Mr. T, and his brand of firestorm journalism is obviously exploiting this poor individual who is obviously nothing more than a victim of society.
Interesting enough, the RD has no shortage of investigative journalists, but none were able to catch the lead of this particular story.
Telling.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Bar side stories....yes me too, I have heard my share.
For the past 4 generations my family have served in the Canadian Military Land Sea and Air.
They have fought in Boer War , WW1 , WW2 (4 year POW via Hong Kong) Korea, Middle East, and a whole lot more.
The ones I have met never discussed the killing component, never bragged of anything to boost their own esteem.
WE understood oppression, discrimination and assimilation and racism.
But you know, we did enjoy a BS session at times over a dram,

All of our Forces are special ; all of our sailors, soldiers and Air Dales are special ....
Generally speaking those who brag have nothing to say. (Of their own) They watch too much TV,

One day a few years back I was polishing the chrome on my yacht when I overheard a fellow whom I knew in Grammar School. Sitting with me in the cockpit of the yacht were two retired Generals and one Admiral... Not an unusual situation at the Yacht Club.(Especially when it is my rum they are drinking.
So this guy was bragging to a few swabbies who were actually listening to him " Yup , I was a killer in the Army, Sniper in the middle East and so on as he had them spell bound. One general stated that he never ,ever heard a Sniper brag about being a killer.
I looked again and recognized the fellow. Reme I said.... he was a Dental Assistant who has changed trades to assistant asshole checker.
Lets have another Rum!
Now that was worth bragging about.
Here Edith the lesson.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Asylum and refuge are not the same thing. Someone who asks for refugee fears that their life is in danger in their home country, as they're being persecuted because of being a part of a group religious group, minority, , etc. Asylum is mostly for political reasons. He seems to be mixing them up.

Having said that, to request for refuge all you have to do is to come to a port of entry and say that your life is in danger because you're being persecuted. , There is a principle (non refoulement) that says that you can't just send this person back home, so are supposed to take them in, at least, temporarily.

There is not such thing as an 18 month temporary citizenship. He might have been granted a temporary residency first, but then later he'd need to get naturalized.

rover

Aug 19, 2007
Asylum and refuge are not the same thing. Someone who asks for refugee fears that their life is in danger in their home country, as they're being persecuted because of being a part of a group religious group, minority, , etc. Asylum is mostly for political reasons. He seems to be mixing them up.

Having said that, to request for refuge all you have to do is to come to a port of entry and say that your life is in danger because you're being persecuted. , There is a principle (non refoulement) that says that you can't just send this person back home, so are supposed to take them in, at least, temporarily.

There is not such thing as an 18 month temporary citizenship. He might have been granted a temporary residency first, but then later he'd need to get naturalized.
I'm pretty sure that's not all this gentleman is mixed up about. :ROFLMAO: