Memoires of an international assassin

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Started watching Memoires of an international assassin yesterday on Netflix. Couldn't go further than about half an hour for how bad it is, BUT, for those wanting to check it out: parts of the movie are supposed to be in Venezuela but filmed in Santo Domingo. Kevin James standing on the balcony of one of those horrible apartments where the 27 de febrero elevado passes right in front of those flats.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
We were in SD when it was being filmed so it was fun to point to certain spots like Calle Damas. It will never win an Oscar but its a product of the Dominican film industry so its worth watching to support their efforts.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
We were in SD when it was being filmed so it was fun to point to certain spots like Calle Damas. It will never win an Oscar but its a product of the Dominican film industry so its worth watching to support their efforts.

I think it was only filmed in DR but not produced by the DR film industry.*

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Started watching Memoires of an international assassin yesterday on Netflix. Couldn't go further than about half an hour for how bad it is, BUT, for those wanting to check it out: parts of the movie are supposed to be in Venezuela but filmed in Santo Domingo. Kevin James standing on the balcony of one of those horrible apartments where the 27 de febrero elevado passes right in front of those flats.

What do you mean by bad? Cheaply made or a gross subject?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
What do you mean by bad? Cheaply made or a gross subject?

Bad as in lame. I finished it last night. Still like it for the filming location. Personally I'd have used drone or helicopter views shot in Ca a as, but they used SD for those as well.*

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was just watching it. *It won't be winning any Oscars. *I suspected they filmed it somewhere other than in Venezuela. *No surprise it was done right here. *