Mercato Restaurant (Santiago)

Apr 7, 2014
Hi everyone..

I just bought a restaurant in Los Jardines and I would love if some DR1ers would come out tonight and give us a try .. I will offer an additional 25% discount for today just for mentioning DR1 at the bar. This is my first time in the restaurant business and I would really love to have some ex-pats that live in Santiago hang out from time and time ! The music style of the restaurant is mostly reggae (not reggaeton) , spanish rock, and whatever clients request (We use spotify for this). The restaurant's name is Mercato and I have attached our new menu and a screenshot of our location in Los Jardines. We are located on Avenida Metropolitana 300 meters south of la avenida Bartolome Colon.
My name is Thomas and I spend most of my time in the restaurant but if anything you can ask any of the staff for me and I'm excited to meet some DR1ers!

141k4s3.png

2k0okm.png
Ill tell you this that avenue is a great location. Caro tambn! Has a real South Beach vibe over there. If only more of Santiago looked like that. You are a block in off Bartolomeo Colon before the park. I had called about renting a place across from the park in that high rise and that dude told me a price in American money.
There are alot of swanky eateries over there, good luck.

Jan 9, 2004
Tried to find it today.

Drove up to Bartolo Colon on Metropolitana, turned around and drove back. Two shots and I still did not find it.

Perhaps next trip.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Tried to find it today.

Drove up to Bartolo Colon on Metropolitana, turned around and drove back. Two shots and I still did not find it.

Perhaps next trip.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

We could probably all use a google maps image of the location, or even the lat/long would be great.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I think part of the issue might be that I removed the sign from the exterior in preparation for a name change and relaunch. If anyone is lost and wants to come visit call me at 8095434972.. peace.

Jan 9, 2004
I think part of the issue might be that I removed the sign from the exterior in preparation for a name change and relaunch. If anyone is lost and wants to come visit call me at 8095434972.. peace.

Lost lol. I knew exactly where I was.

Seems Mercato is lost.....for now.

Perhaps next trip.

Good Luck.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
8wmkwn.png

New drink creation, La Granada (The Grenade) . Blue Curacao, Dark Rum, White Rum, Passion Fruit Juice and something special!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
menu looks good. Perhaps offer chicken wings, Hamburgers papas and club sandwiches, down the road.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
blx21.png
is our current menu, our final menu will be released prior to Oct. 6th for our restaurant relaunch. I will post pictures of menu items shortly.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
xl9x7r.jpg

Shrimp Curry
2ebhgrk.jpg

Pork Loin encrusted in bacon with arepitas de yuca
2qva5gp.jpg

Dominican Style fish and chips, mero, calamar, yuca/platano/batata chips
2z6h1tk.jpg

Mediterranean style caprese
sli9ur.jpg