Met my husband here and need some advice

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
This has got to be the worst post I have ever read since I signed up.

There are people posting up here DR1 that have had every opportunity and yet they are in 🇩🇴 and cannot pay cash for the real estate they want.
There is nothing wrong with a mortgage, I had one for a few years and used it to leverage myself through some tough times. Thanks to God family money started coming in and I worked hard to build on that afterwards.

Income inequality is a non starter. Give a poor ghetto dweller money and it will be gone in a few years, in RD, USA, Europe, Canada, wherever. You could redistribute every penny in the RD and it would be gone in 3 years.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
So the guy

You are saying that the guy who is prudent with money, spends time with his kids, keeps a decent job or grows a business is an economic oppressor ?
Learn to read Bro.
I am saying that anyone who has more money than I do is not better than I am
Or any other human being on earth that they have more money than.
Stay woke bro !! As a capitalist, you pay what you need to. If Dominicans worked harder and had better skills they would be worth more. Unfortunately ( the majority, not all ) they are worth very little
Grow a pair
There is such a thing as ethical capitalism‼️
And as a ethical capitalist I pay more than I need to in order to recruit and retain the talent to make my business successful.
My employees are worth every peso I pay them.
So you go ahead with your theories of social superiority
And your economic oppression
I sleep well at night.
And only need my alarm clock or my girlfriend to keep me woke my man‼️

Reactions: Caonabo and rfp

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
There is nothing wrong with a mortgage, I had one for a few years and used it to leverage myself through some tough times. Thanks to God family money started coming in and I worked hard to build on that afterwards.

Preach on!

Some will get it, most won't.

He's just mad because I won't waste my time with his uneducated being, that's all.

Income inequality is a non starter. Give a poor ghetto dweller money and it will be gone in a few years, in RD, USA, Europe, Canada, wherever. You could redistribute every penny in the RD and it would be gone in 3 years.

Amen!

Truth is so inconvenient for some folks.

Reactions: Big and jd426

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
So you wrote this
And you wrote this
Yes, these people are better than 45 year old men drunk, leering at teenage girls and spending their paychecks in 2 days. These losers are 3-4 decades into their working life and cant even afford a car but have spent enough in their life on drugs, and prostitutes to buy a condo cash. Screw em, dont glamourize human garbage
So were you woke when you wrote both of theseâť“
What were your excuses for not having cash to pay for your condoâť“
Because anyone 3 to 4 decades should be able to buy a condo for cash (your words)
Ok brother, more of your woke social superiority theories.
Everybody is entitled to their own opinions.
Got any facts to back them up?

And tell the Radical without a mortgage that I do not need a education from him on how to put myself in debt.
I pay cash for my consumer purchases.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Nice post
Learn to read Bro.
I am saying that anyone who has more money than I do is not better than I am
Or any other human being on earth that they have more money than.

Grow a pair
There is such a thing as ethical capitalism‼️
And as a ethical capitalist I pay more than I need to in order to recruit and retain the talent to make my business successful.
My employees are worth every peso I pay them.
So you go ahead with your theories of social superiority
And your economic oppression
I sleep well at night.
And only need my alarm clock or my girlfriend to keep me woke my man‼️
Good post bruh !! Your ethics and moral superiority are inspiring. I'm sure that the people you overpay are investing their money well and really appreciate you.

Reactions: jd426 and Radical

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
So you wrote this
And you wrote this

So were you woke when you wrote both of theseâť“
So what were your excuses for not having cash to pay for your condoâť“
Because anyone 3 to 4 decades should be able to buy a condo for cash (your words)

Ok brother, more of your woke social superiority theories.
Everybody is entitled to their own opinions.
Got any facts to back them up?
I was in my 20's in mid 2000's and bought a nice house in Miramar Florida. I owned my condo in La Julia mortgage free since 2003 and my rent from that paid a big chunk of my mortgage in the USA.

Im far from rich, especially in the context of Santo Domingo !! I just see poor ghetto dwellers for what they are as do most Dominicans of moderate means.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Nice post

Good post bruh !! Your ethics and moral superiority are inspiring. I'm sure that the people you overpay are investing their money well and really appreciate you.
I know it was a good post.
And I am glad I inspire you.
My employees do appreciate me.
It is called good will.
And it is a heavy responsibility to make a payroll.
You ever done that my man âť“
Or are you just a keyboard jockeyâť“

I am not morally superior to anyone.
You see that is the difference between me and you.
From what I see in your posts you think you are better than other people who have less money than you do.
I do not think I am superior to anyone.
In any way.
And that is how a treat people as I go thru my day to day life.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I was in my 20's in mid 2000's and bought a nice house in Miramar Florida. I owned my condo in La Julia mortgage free since 2003 and my rent from that paid a big chunk of my mortgage in the USA.

Im far from rich, especially in the context of Santo Domingo !! I just see poor ghetto dwellers for what they are as do most Dominicans of moderate means.
You are a successful man.
In my mind that is not a bad thing.
I ain't hating on you bro.
We just have different views on social issues in 🇩🇴 and the would.
Grown men can agree to disagree.

As for me:
"All my life been po'
But it really don't matter no mo'
And they wonder why we act this way
Nappy Boys gon' be okay" - Po' Folks, Nappy Roots

Check out the video on youtube.
Came out in 2002.
When we both were hustling to get what we wanted financially.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
1613194605628.png

Reactions: Big and jd426

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Im far from rich,
Unless you are a 1%er, most of the world is not rich.
This applies to you since you are from the US
You have made a choice not to be rich.
That is the argument that you have vigorously made‼️
All you needed to do is: "Think and grow rich" - Napolean Hill
Are you making the argument that these people are better than you âť“
Because you can be completely sure they are not better than me.
What about wealth inequalityâť“
Does it have any relevance to our discussionâť“
Your serve🎾‼️

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
But at the same time there is some truisms in his comments, not the part about deserving but certainly about the reasons why they are in the situation they are in. It isn't necessarily their fault, it just is some of the factors that keep them there. Lack of vision, lack of focus, lack of education, lack of desire for betterment....etc.
Bob, some of your lacks (vision, focus, education, desire for betterment) are parenting issues. If the kid is raised by a single mom who thinks having babies at 15 is a good thing, what else do they know?

And what about Haiti and other desperately poor countries? I know people there that want to do better but can't. They want to escape Haiti and that consumes them. It is not their fault they were born there.

I would agree that with most American poor it's a choice, although the aforementioned lacks due to lack of strong parenting is also an issue. It's just that in the USA, Canada, and Europe there are many opportunities. Here on this island, not so much.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Bob, some of your lacks (vision, focus, education, desire for betterment) are parenting issues. If the kid is raised by a single mom who thinks having babies at 15 is a good thing, what else do they know?

And what about Haiti and other desperately poor countries? I know people there that want to do better but can't. They want to escape Haiti and that consumes them. It is not their fault they were born there.

I would agree that with most American poor it's a choice, although the aforementioned lacks due to lack of strong parenting is also an issue. It's just that in the USA, Canada, and Europe there are many opportunities. Here on this island, not so much.
opportunities... yes there are in the US of A on this Island,not so much...But I would say here almost never...........

Reactions: NanSanPedro

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

My wife was raised by a single mother, and I was a single father for a number of years. A child with only one parent can still be taught to self-respect, to have good morals, to have a plan and vision for the future, to work hard and be honest, to not waste money on booze, drugs....etc. Success is relative to where you start. If a poor person grew up in a rented shack without running water and parents without education grows up graduating high school, has a steady job even if not high paying, and can rent a decent house with running water and electricity and has a plan for the future then they are successful. Our schools accountant/office girl has a drunk for a father who has not education( but he is a nice guy with not a mean bone in his body) and a mother with a gr4ade six education that has only worked as a nanny/babysitter. Eli has a degree in accounting, is married with no children and a good husband that works in Banco Reservas. Most of her paycheques for the first two years she worked for us went to put a new roof on her parents house. Both her and her husband have ten tourist Visas to the states, and have gone several times. They are what I consider successful because they have come from nothing and made meaningful achievements in their lives.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Not all poor Dominicans fit the mold of a useless drunken idiot-it happens but it’s not being realistic.

There are many poor working long hours to feed their families without falling into the pit of despair that is the stereotypical barrio rat.

Bob’s example of the accountant above is beginning to happen more and more. Anyone paying attention would notice that.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
There is a difference between successful and rich.
The (profanities deleted) such as (names deleted to protect the guilty) are arguing that the poor are lesser human beings
They are the ones I take issue with.
They say being poor is choice.
Yet, none of them are rich.
And none of them have addressed gaping holes in that argument
Maybe because I ran through them like a running breaking through the line of scrimmage into the secondary (he's going to go all the way for a touchdown)
The only conclusion that can be drawn is that they choose not to be rich.
Yet, they think they are better than everyone else cause they got a few more (name the currency of your choice) to rub together.
They are up in here preaching solidarity of superiority with all others like them Dominican and worldwide.
While refusing to acknowledge that others have more money and therefore are better human beings than they are.
Following the conclusions of their own arguments.
I got no love for individuals like that.
And I laugh behind the back of any individual who thinks they are better than any another individual because they have more money.
In my opinion, it shows that they are morally bankrupt and have lost their humanity somewhere along the way.

Reactions: bob saunders

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
opportunities... yes there are in the US of A on this Island,not so much...But I would say here almost never...........
Nope, there are opportunities. Teach your kids English and if they have any work ethic they will never be in poverty.

Stay to 1 woman, dont have too many kids and be smart with your money even at 15 - 25k pesos (as a family) a month you can slowly get ahead.

Dont spend stupid money going to concerts, if you drink you dont need to show off and buy Johnny Walker, buy domestic.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
What opportunities exactly âť“
Half of Dominicans earn less than 15K
So that means 50 percent start out below the income line you set for getting head even with good financial management.

Reactions: USA DOC

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
What opportunities exactly âť“
Half of Dominicans earn less than 15K
So that means 50 percent start out below the income line you set for getting head even with good financial management.

And the other half earn more.

Reactions: Caonabo

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
And the other half earn more.
Are saying the that this guy is talking about the upper half âť“
Nope, there are opportunities. Teach your kids English and if they have any work ethic they will never be in poverty.

Stay to 1 woman, dont have too many kids and be smart with your money even at 15 - 25k pesos (as a family) a month you can slowly get ahead.

Dont spend stupid money going to concerts, if you drink you dont need to show off and buy Johnny Walker, buy domestic.
Nah, I do not thing that is the group he is talking about.
This is the group he is talking about:
"Contributing workers with a salary range between RD$15,001 and RD$20,000 amount to 343,329, for 16.83% of all workers in the public and private sectors."
Reference is made to previously posted article...