Metal Detectors

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
Greetings from the Frontier.

Am looking to see if anyone knows of where a hand held metal detector can be bought in the RD.

Was going to bring one down from the US earlier this month but used up the space / weight bringing down an assortment of meds donated by a doctor friend. Hard to turn down close to twenty-five ( 25 ) pounds of meds.

Only go Stateside for two ( 2 ) weeks a year these days so would like to replace my 10 year old model that I dropped over a cliff in the Sierra De Bararuco recently with a more up to date version if possible.

kFrancisco de Cabral

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Define hand held metal detector.

.. or do you mean the kind they use sometimes at the beach?
(Has a coil at one end of a rod and the control box at the other end)

Don

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
That is the type I was wanting to replace. Now I know this might sound crazy but I have never bought anything on Amazon much less any where else that uses " credit cards ". I cut up all of mine in '85 and up until last year never had one since. My bank finally convinced me it would make my short yearly visit to the States a lot easier if I had one. It was a bit of a hassle having to go to SD to the Delta office to pay cash for the airline ticket. And it seems you can no longer reserve a rental car or hotel room without a " card " these days. Cash just does not seem to have the same value back in the " other world " as it once did.

However, I must admit that here in the Republica Dominicana " dinero hablar " works quite well for me at least.

So I guess my next question is...If I get an Amazon account and buy one from them can it be sent to me here in the RD ??

I know there are probably multi forums on the subject here on DR1 but a simple explanation of the procedure will be helpful.

kFrancisco de Cabral

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Yes, you will need a freight forwarding service like this

http://www.vimenpaq.com.do/

I use them since 10 years, I guess more than 500 packages so far, never missing a piece. Basically you order on Amazon, use them as your shipping address, they take care of the rest and you can pick up at one of their offices in DR. Be aware that packages with a value of more than 200 USD customs will charge duty.

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
10/4 my friend. I think the " old man " will be able to take it from here with your info. Been doing a computer search for a place that sell one here in the RD but was having no luck. So off we will go to Amazon.

Thanks again...take care.

KFrancisco de Cabral

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I have a full feature one I bought a few years ago, still brand new, packed away, only used once while in Florida. Have never used it here. I used to treasure hunt in Fort Lauderdale for years, but to due some physical problems have never used the new one here after I brought it here. I need to go through the house and see where I put it. I have a Garrett wand hand detector also, good for checking close up after digging for the detected item in the dirt/sand.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Okay, found where I hid the detector (Still looking for the Hand held Garrett wand - lol):

Link: Garrett AT PRO

4i0je0.jpg

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
If you are not going to be using your metal detector perhaps you might be interested in selling it. It is a much better model than my old White and of course prices have gone a bit since I bought mine over 10 years ago. But if you are interested lets discuss the matter off the forum. Buying yours would definitely be easier than me getting a Amazon account and going through all the hassles of getting one shipped here and the customs BS to boot.

kFrancisco de Cabral

Twogunz

Dec 1, 2013
Minelab Equinox 800 IS BEST. nEW DESIGN WEIGHS THREE POUNDS, IS WATERPROOF TO 3 METERS. cOST IN CANADA 1100. cdn

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If you are not going to be using your metal detector perhaps you might be interested in selling it. It is a much better model than my old White and of course prices have gone a bit since I bought mine over 10 years ago. But if you are interested lets discuss the matter off the forum. Buying yours would definitely be easier than me getting a Amazon account and going through all the hassles of getting one shipped here and the customs BS to boot.

kFrancisco de Cabral

Not only that, but buying on Amazon is very addictive.