Metro bus passengers kidnapped in Haiti

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Metro-Autobuses-Al-Momento-1024x481.png

A Dominican driver of a Dominican Metro Servicios Turísticos passenger bus and eight missionaries from Turkey along with eight Haitians were kidnapped this weekend in Haiti. As reported in El Dia, the kidnapped Turkish missionaries were identified as Efil Onur, Kont Semiih, Kilic Sewa, Dorgan Beyer, Ayden Bedia, Kormaz Ibrahim, Candan Mesut and Torun Ramazan.

The kidnapped Haitians are the passengers Presan Christopher, Murat Pierre Andre, Nelson Ketia, Jeune Abraham, Luis Mendes, Juin Bleck Leandro and Pierre Mackeny, as well as the stewardess Yveca Juvensta Sylvestre. The only Dominican among those kidnapped is the bus driver, Martin Castro.

As reported in El Dia, Haitian and Dominican authorities have the information that the gang “400 Mawozo” attributes responsibility for the kidnapping carried out in “Papay” (Papaya), in the Coriz Des Bouquet district. This is the same...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Auryn

Big

Apr 24, 2019
those bus drivers are members of a tight union, some would say "mafia". I hope this is not taken out on certain riders here.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Why the heck even continue transport into Haiti. Maybe they should have armed persons riding "shotgun"

Reactions: windeguy

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Definitely large signs must be posted at the official border gates facing the DR: "Enter at your own risk."

If this keeps up, I will not be surprised if rented vehicles aren't the only ones not allowed to cross into Haiti.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
It still doesn't seem to be spreading to the north. Thus Dajabon/Ouanaminthe may be safe for now. I'm not contemplating crossing again in my lifetime, but if I was to consider it, Dajabon would be the only border I would think about.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Why the heck even continue transport into Haiti. Maybe they should have armed persons riding "shotgun"

I wouldn't want to be on a bus in the middle of a shoot out. Not much protection there. A bad guy with a small caliber could do a lot of damage to driver and riders. But yeah, they should just stop going to Haiti.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I wouldn't want to be on a bus in the middle of a shoot out. Not much protection there. A bad guy with a small caliber could do a lot of damage to driver and riders. But yeah, they should just stop going to Haiti.
Of all the noble causes in this world worth dying for...
driving a bus into Haiti isn't one of them.

Reactions: ctrob

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Definitely large signs must be posted at the official border gates facing the DR: "Enter at your own risk."

If this keeps up, I will not be surprised if rented vehicles aren't the only ones not allowed to cross into Haiti.
The sort of people who visit Haiti during the current situation likely cannot read.

Now the missionaries are coming from Turkey of all places.
Kidnapping business is still going strong.
I would not visit Haiti in the best of times.
All the poverty and desperation one could ever wish to see is right here in the DR.
Sometimes people do get what they deserve.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
The sort of people who visit Haiti during the current situation likely cannot read.

Now the missionaries are coming from Turkey of all places.
Kidnapping business is still going strong.
I would not visit Haiti in the best of times.
All the poverty and desperation one could ever wish to see is right here in the DR.
Sometimes people do get what they deserve.
To my amazement folks do this, same folks you find touring around North Korea and the hills of Afghanistan. When they get captured, tortured and beheaded people are shocked.