Metro bus station to the Las Americas Airport

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Hi,

I need to be at Las Americas airport 11.45. I am leaving from Santiago Sunday morning with the Metro Bus.

Questions:

How long does it take from Santiago to Santo Domingo? Last time there was a lot of roadwork... Sunday might be a good day though.

Taxi from the Metro Bus Station to the airport. How long does it take?

I am thinking of taking the 8 AM bus.... Or do I need to go earlier?

Input very much appreciated.

Cheers.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you need to be at the airport at 11.45am or 11.45am flight? because that would make a difference. it is better to have a cold one at the airport than to be late. if you are leaving DR take take 6am bus. it will take you about 2.5 hours to get to SD but then you'll have to take a cab (or any other transport) to the airport, at least one more hour. it leaves you enought time for unexpected delays.

if you are picking someone up you can slack off a bit and take 8am bus :)

btw, i am not from SD but i travelled POP-SD airport many times over and it is better to calculate a little longer time travel time than be late for your plane...

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
you need to be at the airport at 11.45am or 11.45am flight? because that would make a difference. it is better to have a cold one at the airport than to be late. if you are leaving DR take take 6am bus. it will take you about 2.5 hours to get to SD but then you'll have to take a cab (or any other transport) to the airport, at least one more hour. it leaves you enought time for unexpected delays.

if you are picking someone up you can slack off a bit and take 8am bus :)

btw, i am not from SD but i travelled POP-SD airport many times over and it is better to calculate a little longer time travel time than be late for your plane...

Flight leaves 13.35 to Cuba...

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Two weeks ago, I had a flight at 12:27 PM from SDQ. I left Puerto Plata on the 6 AM bus (would probably leave Santiago around 7:20) and arrived at the Metro station at 9:45 AM. By pre-arrangement, a taxi driver met me there and took me to Las Americas. This was on a Saturday - and I arrived at Las Americas around 10:25 AM. If your flight leaves at 1:35 PM, taking the bus at eight would get you to SD around 11:45 AM and then you would still have to travel in a taxi to the airport.

I'd take the bus that leaves POP at 6 AM and arrives in SD at 9:45 - just to be safe and certain.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Two weeks ago, I had a flight at 12:27 PM from SDQ. I left Puerto Plata on the 6 AM bus (would probably leave Santiago around 7:20) and arrived at the Metro station at 9:45 AM. By pre-arrangement, a taxi driver met me there and took me to Las Americas. This was on a Saturday - and I arrived at Las Americas around 10:25 AM. If your flight leaves at 1:35 PM, taking the bus at eight would get you to SD around 11:45 AM and then you would still have to travel in a taxi to the airport.

I'd take the bus that leaves POP at 6 AM and arrives in SD at 9:45 - just to be safe and certain.

Thanks for the info! Yeah, but I leave from Santiago so I guess I would be fine going 7.30 from Santiago. So taxi only took 40 min? How much is a taxi nowadays btw? Thanks again :)

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Thanks for the info! Yeah, but I leave from Santiago so I guess I would be fine going 7.30 from Santiago. So taxi only took 40 min? How much is a taxi nowadays btw? Thanks again :)

The driver I called to arrange a pick-up wanted 1200 pesos. The taxis at the bus station would probably charge more.

Remember, I traveled on Saturday morning so there wasn't a great deal of traffic in SD. I don't know about how Sunday would be.