Migración Capture Haitian Immigrants and Fiscal Response

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Yesterday was publish this event captured on video in Santo Domingo. A bunch of Haitian immigrants were captured by Migración. With the truck full of Haitian immigrants, they were about to leave for the immigrants detention center. The fiscal refuses they leave and insist the issue must be resolved there. A representative from Migración explains to him the process that must be done at the detention center. The fiscal loses his patience and ask for one of a tire of the Migración truck to be punctured. Migración reacts and decides to prepare for leaving with the Haitians.

Then, the Haitians are asked for whom they work for and they respond the fiscal.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
For all intent a fiscal is a prosecutor (as I understand them for USA). The fiscal is tasked with doing the investigations and is the person that executes all public criminal action like prosecuting corruption and fraud.
Thanks. I'm sure I read that before but just forgot. So then what would the Haitians be doing working for him?

Reactions: NotLurking

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I understand the need for controls however I think they should first chase down, detain and deport those who are only here to commit crimes.
CLUE: Immigration round ups between 9pm to 5am would be a fantastic start.
Common sense. Start with the non productive ones. I just get the feeling there's more than meets the eye in that video.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I understand the need for controls however I think they should first chase down, detain and deport those who are only here to commit crimes.
CLUE: Immigration round ups between 9pm to 5am would be a fantastic start.
If they were working without being legally in the country, (for the fiscal or anyone else) they were committing a crime.

Also, If they enter the country illegally, are they not committing a crime just by being in the country?

As for the round ups I am sure they go after the ones easiest to get. This is the DR..

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
If they were working without being legally in the country, (for the fiscal or anyone else) they were committing a crime.

Also, If they enter the country illegally, are they not committing a crime just by being in the country?

As for the round ups I am sure they go after the ones easiest to get. This is the DR..
That didn't take long. 🤪
I'm guessing the guy in the video is going to have an uncomfortable conversation with his boss very soon.
I doubt it. This is the 🇩🇴