Migration approves 9,739 residencies to Haitians and 6,756 to Venezuelans

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Migracion-e1649679772815.png

Haitians and Venezuelans are the leading nationality of persons receiving legal residence to live in the Dominican Republic in the past 18 months.

The climate, work, business and investment opportunities, attract thousands of people that come to live in the Dominican Republic. Listin Diario reports that from January 2021 to June 2022, the Dominican Republic had granted definitive, permanent and temporary residency, as well as non-residence, re-entry and student permits to 75,388 people from more than 60 countries.

Nationals from Haiti and Venezuela, two countries involved in political crisis and with a considerable exodus of their citizens, have benefited from fast-tracked rules for acquiring legal status in the Dominican Republic. In the case of Haitians, about 240,000 were first regularized in 2013 by the National Regularization Plan for Foreigners issued by Presidential Decree...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
yes that's the normal .also sucking your lips to get the waiter , calling them like a dog in which i find degrading,, but here it's the norm.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
yes that's the normal .also sucking your lips to get the waiter , calling them like a dog in which i find degrading,, but here it's the norm.
Where do you see this?

Many years ago, waiters were summoned by a clap of the hands. These days I usually see persons hold up a finger when they spot their waiter looking their way.

BTW, Good waiters constantly scan their tables in case someone needs something. For me, that's how they get something extra when the bill comes.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Where do you see this?

Many years ago, waiters were summoned by a clap of the hands. These days I usually see persons hold up a finger when they spot their waiter looking their way.

BTW, Good waiters constantly scan their tables in case someone needs something. For me, that's how they get something extra when the bill comes.
it's amazing the stuff I see here .. I see it all over the place yea they suck their lips like they kissing someone like they are calling a dog....I actually ask a waiter are you ok with that he said no problem. I told him i find it degrading as human

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I suppose if you live in a different culture than where you grew up you can expect different standards than where you grew up.
The report looks good for the DRGOV (in my opinion).

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
What do we know about how to get a residence for a Haitian? Obviously from this news release it's doable. Are there procedures and who would I talk to to get this started? Anyone know?

Thanks!
Nan...If you go on to read the article in the newspaper that this was culled from, I think you get a bit more information.

Reactions: NanSanPedro