Miguel's "Golden Rules" If Looking For A Good Dominican Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
First of all, last I checked, I am a man so I know a thing or two about the topic at hand.

Second of all, I don't think there are MANY Dominican men that are worth the time and effort SOME women put in them. BUUUUT

Before I take a much needed vacation from DR1 (actually, my g/f and I took a few weeks off from work, starting tomorrow afternoon, to drive around the greatest and most beautiful country in the world, the good ol' US of A, wahaha), and I thought I leave a little "present" to SOME of my "friends" here as we all know that the "season" (wink, wink) started already.

As always, it will be LOOONG so those that don't like to read LOONG posts, por favor, stop reading at the next period (.)>.

And PLEEEEEASE, all rants, complains, speeches, advices and other "rules" are welcomed. What it's not welcomed are "hints", "jabs" or "attacks" while I am NOT here. If going to do so, let's be fair and do it while I am here.

Here you go and brace yourselves......

If you find yourself a Dominican whom you think is worth your time and you want to start a serious relationship with him:

1- Make sure he is from a good stable family. It doesn't matter if he is rich or poor as long as he is proud of them and helps them out, even if NOT living with them.

2- Observe the way he behaves with his family, ESPECIALLY his mother and sisters. If he lets them do EVERYTHING for him, that's a red flag.

3- Take EVERYTHING he says with a "grain of salt". There's NOTHING wrong with you asking questions and him "backing-up" what he is telling you. For example: A) if he tells you he owns where he lives, ask him to show you the house's title, B) if he tells you he has money in the bank, ask him to show you the account, C) if he tells you that the car is his, ask him to show you the car title, D) if he tells you me makes "such and such", ask him to show you his pay stub, E) WHATEVER he tells you he has, trying to impress you, ask him to prove it to you. If by any chance he gives you ANY kind of excuse as to why he can't prove it, take it as a BIIIIG red flag.

WARNING:Remember that a glimpse into his past and present WILL give YOU a glimpse of what the future holds for you and your life with him.

4- Do NOT ask him, his family or friends BUUUT DO ask SOME of his neighbors about SOME of his former girlfriends and/or wife (ves). Ask them where they live and do NOT be shy to pay them a visit, WITHOUT him. If you want to invest on this guy, there's NOTHING wrong with you trying to find out how he is and NOBODY knows him better than his former mates. If he is as great as he is telling you, THEY WILL tell you if he is lying.

5- If he has any kids, observe the way he treats them. Ask his ex, NOT HIM, if he takes care of them financially, NOT every now and then but ALWAYS. If he dresses better than his kids, there's a big red flag.
6- If someone tells you something negative about him, do NOT believe him when he tells you they are jealous of him and that his exes are making things up because they are hurt HE left them and do NOT want to see him happy with someone else.

7- Just because he portrays himself as "the victim" in all hardships, it does NOT mean he is. His family WILL tell you the same thing but it does NOT mean you have to believe it. They are HIS family and they DO want the best for him, and them. If they put him on a pedestal, look around for red flags.

8- If he takes you to meet his parents and friends right away, look for red flags. That's the first trap. Just because he takes you to meet his parents and friends does NOT mean he is a good "catch".

9- If he frequents bars or discos and like to hang out with friends all the time, even if he tells you it's to "relax", that's a big red flag.

10- Observe how responsible he is and who well he takes care of his responsibilities. Ask to see if all his bills and debts (if any) are paid off and up to date.

11- Make sure he is NOT trying to leave the country, at any cost. If he has a good job, properties, money in the bank and is doing good in the DR, there's no need for him to even hint he would like to live with you in YOUR country.

12- If he tells you he would like for YOU to relocate to the DR to live with him, SIT with him, pen and paper on hand, and ask him how HE will manage to support you, for a while, with the amount of money he makes. Chances are he is just telling you that because he wants YOU to think he cares for you more than he really does.

13- If after knowing him for a while and if you believe he is the man of your "dreams" and if you can, take a leave of absence from your job and move to the DR for up to 6 months. See what he does day in and day out, how he behaves day in and day out, how he treats his friends, family and kids, day in and day out. As we all know, he can tell you all he wants but at the end of the day, you WILL only get to know a person REAL well ONLY when you spend a long period of time with that person and 2 or 3 weeks a year and a few calls a day will NOT cut it.

14- If by any chance he even HINTS about not being able to pay for certain things, even English classes or ANTHYTHING, or can NOT pay "this or that", is always talking about how hard life in the DR is, it's time for you to move on. Why?: A) NO decent and proud Dominican man, rich or poor, would even dream of telling a woman they want to be with their problems, B) If they are proud, they would be ashamed to admit they can NOT take care of their responsibilities, C) Even if they need the help, they would NOT take it, NOT once, twice of three times, from someone they are trying to court or impress as it does NOT say much about their manhood, D) A good and proud Dominican man, rich or poor, will NOT accept ALL kind of gifts from a woman they are courting or trying to impress, even monetary gifts. SOME gifts, yes, as long as they can return the favor, sort of speak.

15- Last but not least, if you decide you want to get serious with a Resort worker, just know that the odds are against YOU for the relationship NOT to be successful. I will not post an estimate because my opinion is that there are only a few who are NOT Sankies (VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY few). But just be aware of a few things about Resort workers: A) They barely make enough money to even support themselves, therefore YOU WILL pay for just about EVERYTHING, B) MOST are poor and uneducated, therefore looking for a way out, C) MOST have a few kids YOU WILL have to sponsor if you decide to marry one, D) MOST have a wife or girlfriend/s in their hometown, E) MOST have a few foreign girlfriends who are in the same boat as YOU, F) MOST will NOT bring stability into your life, if anything YOU WILL have to start from the bottom up, all over again, G) MOST WILL portray themselves to be someone they are NOT just to plant "the seed" of deception, H) When YOU marry him and pay for most of the wedding, life with him WILL NOT be as "paradise" as when YOU visited him in the DR so try NOT to get pregnant right away. The longer you wait, the better, even if 5-6 years.....

There are MUCH, MUCH more I can write but I don't have ALL year, so guys, help me out here, if you care to participate.

Have fun you all and as I always say:

"Sankies are NOT only those one finds in a Resort as we know they "work" EVERYWHERE". ANNNNND:

"You can take your Sankie out of the DR BUUUUT you can't take their religion, "SANKIES FOR LIFE" out of them".

ENJOY!!!.

Ooooh, before I forget:

Wahahahahahahahaha!!.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A lot more penetrating than my measly Three Golden Rules...but pretty much dead on...

HB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Gracias.....

Sticky this stat.

Miguel enjoy your drive around the good ol US of A. It's leaf-peeping season!!

Kudos for a valuable post!
Thanks linda......

Just trying to leave a little "gift" to SOME of those who think that just because I am "ThePresident", that there is NOT a soft side to me. (SHUT UP AZB, there IS a soft side to me, whahahaha).

Listen, MG, I can honestly tell you that I am as excited about the LOOOONG trip as I was when I did it many years ago, if not more. I can NOT wait!!. Girl, do I LOOOOVE this country......

Anyways, let's carry on......

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
I for one am shocked!!!

I had to double check and make sure I had really read "Miguel" on top of the post.

Good job Miguel, nice post. ;)

If only this thread could stay this mature, I have a feeling some posters will turn it into a ZOO :bunny:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Talvez es mi lado femenino, jajajaja.....

I for one am shocked!!!

I had to double check and make sure I had really read "Miguel" on top of the post.

Good job Miguel, nice post. ;)

If only this thread could stay this mature, I have a feeling some posters will turn it into a ZOO :bunny:
"Shocked", "double check", why?. Haven't you read my Sankies For Dummies Thread?.

But, do NOT think I will keep dissapointing you, just wait, whahahahaha!!.

Listen, it's up to the moderator to see that it stays on topic. But then again, we ALLL know that I Do have a starker who WILL try and say a few "music to my ears" things.

I, for one, will be getting out of here tomorrow afternoon so I can't be blamed if it becomes an "attack match" thread.

I did my part!.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Good post Miguel. On number 15, ''Try not to get pregnant right away...'' I would say: DON'T GET pregnant right away....''

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Nice post Miguel!!!! I will let this filter thru my little blonde brain and add my 2 pesos worth tomorrow! But, I think you got it pretty clearly sorted out.

You need to state this applies to all relationships outside of Sanky relationships!!!! The red flags popping up for resort workers / bartenders / taxi drivers etc etc in resort areas would take care of all of them well before they got close to the end of your list.......;)

Have a great trip honey - enjoy!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Si y no........

Good post Miguel. On number 15, ''Try not to get pregnant right away...'' I would say: DON'T GET pregnant right away....''
Thanks....

You have to understand that when I said "try", I was taking into consideration the fact that A LOT of guys want to get the woman pregnant RIGHT way, as a way to control them. At least if she "tries" NOT to, even if he wants, she can hold-off on the pregnancy.

Besides, A LOT of them are in such a rush to get pregnant even if they know NOTHING about their mate, only to pay the price later.

I really don't understand it.

Nothing wrong with waiting until you are 1,000% sure (which one never is, btw) that your man is in fact the same person he portrayed himself to be.

There are MANY cases, all over, where a Dominican man is taken to his wife's home country only to show his true colors, treat her like shyt and after a while dump her and the kids in an instant!.

That's life for you!.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Miguel - what can I say - you have done a great job - once again!

Have a fantastic trip, drive safe and next time - plan on good ole' Canada for a scenic road trip! ;)

Marlie

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Two thumbs up for a well-written post!

Enjoy your DR 1 vacation and hope you guys have a wonderful road trip and safe miles ahead!

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Miguel thank you ...sankies "ARE" everywhere..."WE" single women have to be careful to start any relation....

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que linda.....

Miguel - what can I say - you have done a great job - once again!

Have a fantastic trip, drive safe and next time - plan on good ole' Canada for a scenic road trip! ;)

Marlie
Thanks darling but what can I say, I guess "I still got it", wahahaha!.

Amore, I thought you were "sleeping like the polar bears" still.

Yeah, perhaps I should plan, next time, to go to Canada and visit 2 of my favorite Canadians, Margaret and you.

Just know that I am a "lambon" and you WILL have to pay for EVERYTHING!.

DRLoca:

Thanks......Just trying to "wake up the dead".

(See, I am trying to play nice, I didn't write "brain dead", wahahahahaha!!).

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que puedo decir?......

Nice post Miguel!!!! I will let this filter thru my little blonde brain and add my 2 pesos worth tomorrow! But, I think you got it pretty clearly sorted out.

You need to state this applies to all relationships outside of Sanky relationships!!!! The red flags popping up for resort workers / bartenders / taxi drivers etc etc in resort areas would take care of all of them well before they got close to the end of your list.......;)

Have a great trip honey - enjoy!
Thanks my little firecracker!.

Anybody, even those with a "pea brain" (including me, btw, wahaha), male or female (this time, females) should read between the lines and know that the thread is NOT only about Dominican males or Sankies, but about "EVERY SINGLE WALKING MAN".

I just can NOT come here and tell these people "how to read between the lines". I write LOOOOONG (and love every minute of it) just for that reason, so they can understand what I am trying to say. If they still can NOT, it's NOT on me.

I did my part and I will let them do their part, even if that means banging their heads against the wall trying to figure out what I am trying to say.

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
De nada.....

Miguel thank you ...sankies "ARE" everywhere..."WE" single women have to be careful to start any relation....
NO problem, Lucille.

Yes, they "ARE" everywhere, in ALLLL walks of life!.

I posted, many moons ago, about a Lawyer I personally know in the DR who is one of the biggests Sankies I have even known/seen!.

Why do you think I keep on saying, OVER THE YEARS, that:

"NOT ALLLLL Resort workers are Sankies and NOT ALLLL Sankies are Resort workers".

A LOT of females come here thinking that "ooooh well, my Dominican is NOT a Resort worker therefore he is NOT a Sankie".......... Well, FAT CHANCE!!.

If ANYBODY, A.N.Y.B.O.D.Y. here has a problem with a Dominican man AFTER reading this thread, it was because that person did NOT "listen" and the "red flags" went over her head.

Who's to blame, if that's the case, him or her?.

NOBODY knows a man better than another man.

And last time I checked, I am a man!.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
May I add another rule Miguel?

Here is another rule we need to follow-

Don't feed Godiva chocolates to a rat. After hes' had his fill, he will STILL bite you and give you rabies.

In other words, don't automatically expect undying gratitude and loyalty just because you are going above and beyond the normal parameters of a relationship you would have here in North America.

If you find yourself being overly generous with your time and money(i.e. sending money, putting yourself in debt to cover visiting expenses, bringing nice gifts for your mate and his/her family members) that should also be a red flag.

If the person you are dating does nor really understand the sacrifices you are making for that person, if that person just thinks that money is easily made without a sweat and does not appreciate the sacrifices involved, you are wasting your time.

This should knock out about 98% of the potential dating pool in the DR.

Miguel you are free to correct me if I'm wrong or out of line. After all, you are the OP. But I stand by my statements nonetheless until I am further enlightened!!! LOL!!!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I sent this to Miguel and he suggested posting it.......... in fact if I didn't know better - he could have written it......

"A man has the power to love a woman in a way that she has never been
loved, and yet hurt her with the same intensity.

A man has the power to treat a woman like a queen then turn around and
make her wish she was never born.

A man has the power to make a woman cry with happiness and joy,then
turnaround and make her cry with hurt and anger.

A man has the power to let a woman feel free and wanted,but also feel
disgusted and unworthy.

A man has the power to look a woman in her face and tell her he loves
her, but turn around and sleep with her best friend.

A man has the power to make you fall in love with him within days,and
hate him within minutes.

During sex a man has the power to make a woman feel like she's in
heaven, and afterwards makes her feel like a whore.

A man has the power to change a woman from having goals, To living out
his goals instead of her own.

Why is it that men have such power?
They have so much power, because we give it to them.
The power of a man wouldn't mean anything without a woman.
So ladies when times are hard between you and your man; and you realize
that he treats you bad,remember that he can only do what you allow.
Never underestimate your power because without it, you are stuck with
the power of a man!!."

I've said it before - WE TEACH OTHERS HOW TO TREAT US!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Como?........

I sent this to Miguel and he suggested posting it.......... in fact if I didn't know better - he could have written it......

"A man has the power to love a woman in a way that she has never been
loved, and yet hurt her with the same intensity.

A man has the power to treat a woman like a queen then turn around and
make her wish she was never born.

A man has the power to make a woman cry with happiness and joy,then
turnaround and make her cry with hurt and anger.

A man has the power to let a woman feel free and wanted,but also feel
disgusted and unworthy.

A man has the power to look a woman in her face and tell her he loves
her, but turn around and sleep with her best friend.

A man has the power to make you fall in love with him within days,and
hate him within minutes.

During sex a man has the power to make a woman feel like she's in
heaven, and afterwards makes her feel like a whore.

A man has the power to change a woman from having goals, To living out
his goals instead of her own.

Why is it that men have such power?
They have so much power, because we give it to them.
The power of a man wouldn't mean anything without a woman.
So ladies when times are hard between you and your man; and you realize
that he treats you bad,remember that he can only do what you allow.
Never underestimate your power because without it, you are stuck with
the power of a man!!."

I've said it before - WE TEACH OTHERS HOW TO TREAT US!
One reason I asked you to post it here is because I know MOST WILL agree with EVERYTHING it says (well, unless the person is brain dead, male or female!).

Another reason is that it's THE SAME EXACT THINGS I have said here, over the years!.

MOST don't "listen" but one or two do.....

And that's enough for me!!.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Mi casa es su casa

I should plan, next time, to go to Canada and visit 2 of my favorite Canadians, Margaret and you.

Just know that I am a "lambon" and you WILL have to pay for EVERYTHING!.

Anytime... we'll burn a couple thousand calories together ;) ... on the dance floor! :cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies.