mike vick's dogs vs cock fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Vic and his fighting dogs - - -: He is looking at possible Jail and he should. Just think of all of the $$ that this guy is getting paid by the NFL. It just goes to show that you can take a man out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the man. :bandit:

DR and the fighting cocks - -: Don't think it ever goin to end here. I have never seen any of this stuff live, but I have heard of it. I know it happens, but there just has to be some type of screw loose in the heads of humans to put 2 animals in a ring and watch them kill eachother for our amusement. :confused:

Spain and the Bull fights - - -: Looks like the are trying to ban them - and they should. Every once in a while the bull wins by goring the man. I always cheer on the bull. :dead:

And of course, the running of the bulls - Yes, I always cheer on the bulls. :hurt:

Sep 19, 2005
kinda hypocritical arent you DAKRA?

if you hate the fact that freaking ANIMALS are killed you should AT LEAST be as concerned if a human being is killed.......

what is cheering for the bull to gore a human PAYBACK? for all those that were killed?

yeah id say it isnt the best of human traits when people relish in the act of animals hurting each other or themselves.

you got a long tough road trying to turn the world around...

what is it with people in certain countries who go places around the world and and want to MAKE the people in those places act and live like they do back home...............

I hate that.......

even to the extent of what they do to their own people....it is THEIR life...if they have a certain ritual they have preformed for 500 years , and we think it is barbaric...........too bad for us...... their community accepts if they only do it to themselves, the rest of the world should shut up and keep their nose out of it.

bob

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
what is it with people in certain countries who go places around the world and and want to MAKE the people in those places act and live like they do back home...............

I hate that.......

even to the extent of what they do to their own people....it is THEIR life...if they have a certain ritual they have preformed for 500 years , and we think it is barbaric...........too bad for us...... their community accepts if they only do it to themselves, the rest of the world should shut up and keep their nose out of it.

bob

Thank you...I have been wanting to say this a long time but couldn't come up w/ the right words to say it. One of the reasons why I don't like American culture, trying to impose their views on everyone.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
FLORIDA HAS ILLEGAL COCKFIGHTING

Polk County, Fla. -- A large group of cheering men in a rural part of Polk County led to the arrests of 17 men on suspicion they were taking part in a cockfighting operation described as "very professional" by the county sheriff.

A bloody fighting box where the roosters apparently fought to the death was also found at the scene, police said.

"It was really, a very professional operation," Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said. "They had a box, a fighting box, and they had benches set up on each side of the box and the benches were numbered. You sat on the bench in order to place your bets."

Deputies said a helicopter pilot in the area made the initial discovery after hearing men cheering in the woods.

When officers arrived, the group of men scattered.

Two of the 17 men captured and arrested were from Orlando; Oscar Herrara, 36, and Jose Herrara, 40, according to police. One of the men had a hat on that said "cockfighting."

Near the grave of rooster corpses, officers found seven badly scarred birds still alive. They were euthanized, the report said.

Police are trying to determine who large the cockfighting ring was in Polk County.

They said more arrests may be coming soon.

Those arrested were Mexican, in Miami these things go on all the time. In Liberty City pitbull fights are a regular event.....until people become enlightened, it will continue....

I believe the cockfights are a "cultural thing" and until people mel into US society, they will continue.....I condone neither, but share these ideas

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
These are in reality "wild dogs," never knowing the love and dedication of a Master and home

I can not think of the name, but there was a "Scottie" in England or Scotland that watched his Master buried in the "Home" Cemetery of his back yard. The widow would let the little dog out each morning and he would lay on his Master's grave all day, returning at night only to repeat this scenario for the rest of his life, which was very short as he died shortly thereafter

The Skye Terrier Greyfriars Bobby

Greyfriars Bobby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Enjoying our plus caf?, after a casual dinner party, one of our guests brought up the ugly subject of capital punishment in the US, and the sickening spectacle of executions. I remember interjecting that it was my impression that in the US more consideration was given to animal than to human life. Then another guest, an American, protested strongly, and said that people executed in the US had it coming, since they had willfully commited a heinous crime, while animals were innocent, since they did not have free will or choice, as we humans do.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
A "Much MORE" humane way to go!..I bet the Cubans and Central Americans dont agree!

By the way, a rape of a woman was committed by a few guys at the home of one of his now-former teammates in Atlanta. This player was home when this all occurred. Police were called to the scene and intimately involved. You have any idea who I'm talking about? Yeah, thought not. That player was a star DE and subsequently and quietly allowed to sign a contract to play for the Denver Broncos.

So, what's really more grotesque? Some NFL player who was somehow connected to dogfights? Or a woman being raped in the home of one? The media got folks confused as to what's really most important.

Why does the US and the US media think it's so morally superior? That crap really p's me off.

Bet you she wasn't white! ha ha

Last edited:

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
These are in reality "wild dogs," never knowing the love and dedication of a Master and home

I can not think of the name, but there was a "Scottie" in England or Scotland that watched his Master buried in the "Home" Cemetery of his back yard. The widow would let the little dog out each morning and he would lay on his Master's grave all day, returning at night only to repeat this scenario for the rest of his life, which was very short as he died shortly thereafter

Nice fairy tale but I read the dog lived for another 14 years after death of master.... lets get back on topic.:cheeky:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2005
here is a pix of my GF's brothers....ahem..."bird" fighting with a neighbors. they dont have spurs here...they have been cut ....they also use boxing gloves that actually tie onto the leg of the bird to cover the spurs that that are long.... when they fight , they use metal spurs on the birds.....

in this play fighting, they only have to worry about their bird losing an eye.
they shave the legs and other parts of the bird and they spit chewing tobbacco on the shaved parts of the bird....never understood why yet!!

plus they poke a stick down the birds mouth to irritate it, into getting angry!!!!!!!!!!

but the killer is....ever try to catch a chicken..almost impossible...but these guys pick these roosters up so easy and they never try to jump or fly out of their hands as they walk around petting the bird......

bob

5yaf14p.jpg

4k9zsqb.jpg

4tgg55j.jpg

Last edited:

mmilone

Mar 25, 2003
Bull fighting and cock fighting are bad news, but that's not the U.S. We can't worry about that. Those are cultural things that I don't agree with either. But when you're talking about 'Mans Best Friend', Fido no less, you are going to get a lot of heat. I have nothing against Vick; think he's awesome, but too many dogs buried on his property.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Michael Vick Chew Toy: The Only Thing You Can Still Buy With Vick's Name on It
Posted Aug 6th 2007 10:00AM by Michael David Smith
Filed under: Falcons, Atlanta

You can't buy a Michael Vick jersey anymore. You can't buy his Nike shoes, you can't buy Vick-related apparel from the NFL's online shop and you can't buy his stuff at sporting good stores.

So the Vick dog chew toy is just about the last thing you can purchase with Vick's name on it. The manufacturers explain:

Is it different you ask? You bet it is! The Vick Dog Chew Toy is made of state of the art "dog" material. The Vick Toy Doll is so strong and flexible, it will challenge even the most aggressive breeds. Especially Mike's Favorite Breed, The Pit Bull.

Unlike Vick, our manufacturer is so sure of its durability they guarantee it against the most aggressive dog destruction. It Bends. It Bounces. It Flies. It Floats. And best of all, it lasts through the whole season and more!

Vick and the NFL could probably sue to stop sales of this product, since it uses Vick's name and likeness and a Falcons jersey without permission. But the NFL might not want to call any more attention to the Vick case, and Vick's lawyers have more important things to do right now.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
How many of you dog lovers keeps pitbull as your best friend? Last time i chekc they where not recoemded to havearound family. Just look at all the things that have gone wrong with keeping them. i had a pitbull that was given to me, he came from a line of fighting dogs and I coiuld never have him loose near my other dogs cuz all he wnated to do was to fight.
Now all this is non DR related. Here we have dog fights,cockfigns girl fights, you name it we have it. and animal protection people have a hard time with ti. All the Pitbulls that I have seen in dog fights are all savage animals. you will not one near your children. So what so we do now kill all pitbulls to stop dog fighting.
Humans have mor right thnat any aniumal in the world and no hum should face jail time for such atc. His human life is being ruin for actions that are not look upon good. He should not get away without a large scnation and loose some endorsement and some comunity service. But jail time............cono. un perro vale mas que el. in jail he cna be kill, rape, become an aditve, get hiv, you name it it cna hapen.......

Nexttime he might wnat to come to PR or DR to fight some dogs.............

personaly I dont support dog fight but I will not support give jail time to somene that does.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
In my opinion, we (as humans) who allow animals to fight and kill eachother strickly for our (human) enjoyment are sick. - Look, I am a dog lover, I am not fond of cats. In fact, I would not want a cat if it was given to me for free, but I am not one who want to see it in the Cat Ring fighting for sport till it's death so that me and the boys can cheer them on and wager a few bucks. Again, my opinion.

Call me crazy, call me nuts, but this is just sick behavior. So, you want to know how I stand? Lets take the organization called P.E.T.A.

I have always referred to it as: People Eating Tasty Animals

I love my steak, but I am not looking to watch a couple of Cows go at in in the ring till one of them drops to its death for my enjoyment prior to my BBQ.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Michael Vick is facing Federal charges, not state. Big difference. The Feds have a 92% conviction rate. In fact, their conviction rate in dog fighting cases (similar to this one) the last 4 years is 100%.

Somebody rolled on Vick, big time, and unless is found "uncredible" by a Federal Jury (not state) the info does not bode well for the guy. The info in the indictment is at a minimum corroborated by the dog corpses found on the property.

Additionally, the Federal Prosecutor told the judge there will be a superceding indictment in August: more charges.

Vick's problem is NOT limited to dog fighting. There are also interstate gambling and money laundering charges.

The guy has problems. PETA and the Court of Public Opinion are the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.