Milexus Spilt Air Conditioner

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Can anyone tell me if the Milexus brand is any good? My air Conditioner guy is telling to sell me one he swears by it...

any one have one in there house?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I am not aware of the mark myself, but I would use caution in making any expensive purchases during the month of December. Many persons attempt to make quick sells in order to gain quick cash. It is much more advisable to wait until after the holiday season. Is your repair man/supply man reputable?

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I am not aware of the mark myself, but I would use caution in making any expensive purchases during the month of December. Many persons attempt to make quick sells in order to gain quick cash. It is much more advisable to wait until after the holiday season. Is your repair man/supply man reputable?

I have never heard of this brand .... hoping someone has......

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Electronics, furniture, appliances company based in Panama severing the Caribbean region. To read their own reviews of their products, they are the best available. Name brand recognition is nowhere near TGM or the big N.A. companies.

It's probably safe to assume it is a discount retailer marketing relabeled Chinese goods. If the price is great, then you get to use the product until it breaks for a good price.

https://www.milexus.net/

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Can anyone tell me if the Milexus brand is any good? My air Conditioner guy is telling to sell me one he swears by it...

any one have one in there house?

Any more details? BTU's? Price? I've never heard of them either.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Google it and see what comes up. Last year I bought 2 Benelux units. Never heard of that name prior. After a lot of research I found they are a very good brand so I bought them. To date they use about 1 kw per day and are quieter than any AC unit I ever had.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Yes that makes sense

Same here. It has a Toshiba compressor so I'm guessing it's pretty decent but parts could be a problem.

Then again, remember my story about my TGM (you know, with parts available everywhere) compressor that took a dump.

If it's around 22-25K pesos I'd say it's a decent deal.

If you want parts availability, get a Lennox.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
My experience (here in the states):

My heat/air guy who has installed hundreds of these systems informed me they all have the same parts and are possibly assembled at different locations and then stickers are put on them to differentiate the brands. So basically they are all the same or at least have identical parts so finding parts I would assume would be no problem.

However the difference comes in the warranty department. My particular instance I bought an EMI system (off brand same as yours) and had a bad PCB board on the outside compressor unit. When we called the company tech rep. the first thing he asked was the voltage coming from my disconnect, which was 242 volts. He immediately said too much voltage and the warranty was not honored and that the high voltage had caused the board to malfunction. The s[ecs on the system do say it is a 230 volt system, but all 220 volt outputs are 2 legs of 120 volt so outputs everywhere will be 240 at least, and I assume they rate it 230 so that they will not have to honor the warranty.... grrrr.

My AC guy was kind enough to claim it under another system he installed (a Mitsubishi) and got me a new board which has worked fine for months now. Bottom line... the savings may be offset by lack of warranty but I would think the parts issue is a non factor. I did notice yours is a 220 volt system so this is something to consider, not familiar with voltage levels down there :)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Even the most common unit still has parts issues. Sure, many brands might all be made by a few Chinese companies and just re-branded for different re-sellers. That happens a lot here in the DR on various products also sold in the Asian markets.

I purchased a TGM 18,000 BTU Dream model from Refripartes in Puerto Plata. At just a couple of weeks over one year, the exterior fan motor failed. A simple part to find, right? Nope, it took three weeks to track one down. I should have just ordered it from Refripartes in Florida or another source. But at least I have the option to order it from Florida.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
Not trying to be confrontational, just stating what I heard and learned. My outside PCB board was causing my indoor fan motor to malfunction and another motor from a different brand was identical. Parts for ALL of these systems are tough to come by but interchangeable, in my personal experience. So if a certain fly-by-night company goes out of business or is difficult to contact or deal with the parts can be found elsewhere.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No problems at al ben jammin. I welcome information that things are interchangable. I just wanted to point out that even things that should be readily available in the DR can be unobtanium. I have had to order more repair parts over the Internet than I can count.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
No problems at al ben jammin. I welcome information that things are interchangable. I just wanted to point out that even things that should be readily available in the DR can be unobtanium. I have had to order more repair parts over the Internet than I can count.

Another thing to remember is we live in a world of fix the unfixable. I have seen disposable electronics brought back to life and/or items modified and substituted to give new life more times than I care to remember.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I rolled to dice and brought it ... its super quiet and cold... i will keep everyone post when it poops the bed

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Even the most common unit still has parts issues. Sure, many brands might all be made by a few Chinese companies and just re-branded for different re-sellers. That happens a lot here in the DR on various products also sold in the Asian markets.

I purchased a TGM 18,000 BTU Dream model from Refripartes in Puerto Plata. At just a couple of weeks over one year, the exterior fan motor failed. A simple part to find, right? Nope, it took three weeks to track one down. I should have just ordered it from Refripartes in Florida or another source. But at least I have the option to order it from Florida.

While all A/C units have the same parts such as compressor, control card, etc. There is a very high possibility they will not be interchangeable.

When I was tracking down my failed TGM compressor, the Refriparts store in Miami (there's a bunch of them BTW and only one said they may have it) told me I had to send the model number and serial number of the compressor because the components of any particular model A/C change frequently.

A perfect example: I bought two TGM 12k A/C's at the same time from Refriparts in SD.

Two identical units but we found out the compressor, the control card and even the copper tubing were different.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Have been told AirMax, TGM are good options if you can't afford a Panasonic. The reason for AirMax and TGM is that parts and support are available locally. Panasonic apparently is a better A/C and breaks down less. Was told to stay away from LG.

At the office we have an old Slim Mitsubishi. Best A/C in all the world. Bought it in 2005 and still running super. Was before the Inverter days. But is economical and silent.