Minimum age for motorcycle licence

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
What's the minimum age to obtain a motorcycle licence that allows you ride any time of the day solo? I found 1 reference to age 16. for DR citizen.

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
Yes roger there is a motorcycle licence in this country. do not need a bunch of sillyass responses. If you don't have an idea of the answer please keep your fingers in your pocket. Trying to get the kid to do the right thng!!

Reactions: Caonabo

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
well I have asked several dominicans, none of them has ever heard of a motorcycle license. The common thing is if you can ride it do so, never mind that you dont know any of the rules and if you hit a car or something dont worry, its never your fault.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have never run across a motorcycle license here. Our licenses to drive a vehicle does allow us to drive a motorcycle.
As for a unique motorcycle license, I am not aware of it. The age to get a license is 18.

I just asked my wife and she has never heard of a motorcycle specific driver's license either.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
What's the minimum age to obtain a motorcycle licence that allows you ride any time of the day solo? I found 1 reference to age 16. for DR citizen.

You can be any age. You open your corn fle and inside you find a license and you are now good to go!

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
[
DE LA LICENCIA DE CONDUCIR
Artículo 199.- Licencia de conducir. Documento público expedido por el INTRANT a favor de una persona previa aprobación de la prueba teórica y práctica y en cumplimiento de los requisitos establecidos para ser acreditado como conductor. El titular deberá portarla siempre que conduzca por la vía pública.
Párrafo.- La licencia será otorgada según el tipo de vehículo de que se trate y será válida únicamente para la categoría de la misma y sus especificaciones. El INTRANT gestionará y administrará el Registro Nacional de Licencias de Conducir y todos sus trámites.

-71-
Artículo 200.- Excepción de otorgamiento de licencias a menores de edad. Los menores de dieciséis (16) a dieciocho (18) años de edad podrán solicitar la licencia de conducir excepcionalmente, en los casos siguientes:
1. Cuando el padre, la madre o el tutor, mediante documento legalizado, den su consentimiento para que el menor conduzca un vehículo de la propiedad de alguno de éstos o suya, y se responsabilicen por cualquier infracción a esta ley o sus reglamentos y al pago de los daños y perjuicios que pueda causar el conductor, y
2. Cuando el menor se haya emancipado por el efecto de matrimonio.
Párrafo.- Para la expedición de la licencia, y sin perjuicio de lo establecido en este artículo, los menores de edad también deberán cumplir con los requisitos formales a los fines de completar su acreditación.
Artículo 201.- Clasificación de la licencia de conducir. La licencia de conducir determinada por sus características y el tipo de vehículo de que se trate, se clasificará dentro de las categorías siguientes:
1. Permiso de aprendizaje.
2. Categoría 01: Licencia de conducir motocicletas para conducir vehículos de dos o tres
ruedas.
3. Categoría 02: Licencia de conducir vehículos livianos para vehículos de motor de transmisión mecánica o automática.
4. Categoría 03: Licencia de conducir vehículos pesados para vehículos destinados al transporte de pasajeros o carga, clasificados en: minibús o autobús y camiones de dos ejes, entre otras que autorice la presente ley.
5. Categoría 04: Licencia de conducir vehículos pesados para vehículos destinados al transporte de pasajeros o cargas, clasificados en: autobuses de más de cuarenta (40) pasajeros, patanas y camiones de más de dos ejes, entre otras que autorice la presente ley.
6. Categoría 05: Licencia de conducir vehículos especiales para operadores de vehículos especiales, como tractores, gredas, motoniveladoras, retroexcavadoras, entre otros que autorice el INTRANT.
7. Licencia especial para personas con incapacidad física parcial para conducir un vehículo de motor, siempre que la misma sea subsanada mediante las adaptaciones[/quote]

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
Thank you Fulano2

Article 200.- Exception of granting licenses to minors. Minors from sixteen (16) to eighteen (18) years of age may exceptionally apply for a driver's license, in the following cases
1. When the father, mother or guardian, by means of a legalized document, give their consent for the minor to drive a vehicle owned by one of them or his, and are responsible for any infraction of this law or its regulations and the payment of damages that may be caused by the driver, and
2. When the minor has been emancipated by the effect of marriage.
Paragraph.- For the issuance of the license, and without prejudice to the provisions of this article, minors must also comply with the formal requirements in order to complete their accreditation.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Well I stand corrected. My bad. But the fact remains that nobody has one and Im sure the police never ask for one. If you do have one it would just create cunfusion....better off without one IMHO

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
Well I stand corrected. My bad. But the fact remains that nobody has one and Im sure the police never ask for one. If you do have one it would just create cunfusion....better off without one IMHO
you need to have a conversation with some of the people that have had their ride confiscated. yes they do ask for paper work when they stop a moto.