Ministry of Education to refurbish 570 schools

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Escuela-Ercilia-Pepin-Diario-Libre.jpg

The Ministry of Education has announced a public tender for the refurbishing of some 570 public schools. The Ministry is optimistic in person classes will resume sooner than later and wants to be ready. The government expects to spend RD$3.5 billion to improve the schools next year and take advantage of the extra time now that schools are closed and distance learning is the norm. Most public schools have been closed since mid March, when they shut down due to the Covid-19 virus.

Read more in Spanish:Diario Libre

22 November 2020

Continue reading...

Last edited:

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
They are doing the virtual classes which isn’t working well but refurbishing the schools that they are not using. Not sure I understand.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Mr. Boyter, the people in charge of this whole plan don’t understand either.

That about sums it up entirely.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Mr. Boyter, the people in charge of this whole plan don’t understand either.

That about sums it up entirely.
Whats wrong with books in school . Worked for me and lots before me.
I saw student having to pay real money to internet centers to enable them to do their schoolwork.

Now they are saying my wife has to go to the school in person once a week to present homework and sign it.
Gee I guess having 50 -100 adults together in a schools isn't a problem with covid 19
We go to 2 schools so that's 2 days lost. I guess they figure people don't work

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Whats wrong with books in school . Worked for me and lots before me.
I saw student having to pay real money to internet centers to enable them to do their schoolwork.

Now they are saying my wife has to go to the school in person once a week to present homework and sign it.
Gee I guess having 50 -100 adults together in a schools isn't a problem with covid 19
We go to 2 schools so that's 2 days lost. I guess they figure people don't work
I don’t see anything about books. I certainly didn’t mention anything about books being bad, I love books.

My point was that the plan for education could have been better.

The plan to fix schools up when they’re empty isn’t a bad idea. But completely empty schools is.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I don’t see anything about books. I certainly didn’t mention anything about books being bad, I love books.

The plan to fix schools up when they’re empty isn’t a bad idea. But completely empty schools is.
Have you ever been in a public school in the DR. Poor bathrooms, poorly equipped classrooms, dim lighting....etc. There is lots to refurbish, like making sure they have running water, proper plumbing and electricity, new blackboards, desks,...etc.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Yes, I have. The same state as public hospitals- in dire need of everything from desks, to paint, to toilet paper at the very least.
Did you read my post?

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008

no it was just a general comment that books are goon not a reflection on anything you said

Reactions: Auryn

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes, I have. The same state as public hospitals- in dire need of everything from desks, to paint, to toilet paper at the very least.
Did you read my post?
Poor reading comprehension on my part, sorry. The new government has invested to much into their virtual plan so to allow children, even on a limited basis would be egg on their face. If enough parents protest they might change.

Reactions: Auryn

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Poor reading comprehension on my part, sorry. The new government has invested to much into their virtual plan so to allow children, even on a limited basis would be egg on their face. If enough parents protest they might change.
The videos and PowerPoint lessons are actually done quite well but they wont teach a child how to read, or write. I was watching the video for grade seven Spanish grammar today.