Ministry of Environment clears Playa Arena Gorda beach

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Playa-Arena-Gorda-El-Caribe-1024x768.jpeg

The Ministry of Environment ordered the destruction of vendor shacks and other businesses that had irregularly occupied beach front area in Playa Arena Gorda in northern Punta Cana. As reported, around 42 stands were totaled because they are in violation of Environmental Law 64-00 and Law 305-68 that ban construction in the strip of 60 meters between the high and low tide lines on the beaches and coasts.

The National Environmental Protection Service (SENPA), the Specialized Attorney for the Defense of the Environment, and the Specialized Tourist Security Corps (CESTUR) participated in the operation. The Ministry of Public Works, the Navy, the Dominican Army, and the National Police also collaborated.

The Ministry of Environment notified the business owners to remove their belongings before the bulldozers knocked down the stands.

Environment Minister Orlando Jorge...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Wow, I’ve heard threats of this on the south coast too, just a matter of time before they start there.

Hmm, the shacks in Boca Chia are not shacks by any imagination. There are some spots on the west end of the malecon that could be considered shacks (that's being generous). But there seem to be much more permanent structures in the Dominican section of the malecon, just spitting distance from the tourist area. I'm wondering now about those. I sure hope they are there legally and can continue ad infinitum.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Hmm, the shacks in Boca Chia are not shacks by any imagination. There are some spots on the west end of the malecon that could be considered shacks (that's being generous). But there seem to be much more permanent structures in the Dominican section of the malecon, just spitting distance from the tourist area. I'm wondering now about those. I sure hope they are there legally and can continue ad infinitum.
The beach on our corner (San Cristobal province) has numerous wooden shacks, aka frituras. Close to the road they are cement block buildings and I know at least one of them has an old land title. Those are real restaurants with menus, but 60 meters is quite a distance, and I think some of them may fall within that area.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
BC is a cesspool. They should bulldoze the entire town.

Reactions: TropicalPaul