Missing dog - 5000.- peso reward for safe return

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thank you so much for your efforts whirleybird! Yesterday someone called me that saw Mausy in Calle John de la Loma in Cabarete. He saw her there two days ago, but just saw yesterday the flyer, so by the time he saw my dog, he didnt know that she's missing. And since we used to live in Calle John, it's very possible that she went there now...

So if anyone is in that area, please keep an eye out for a little dog with big ears, that is extremly friendly and will run up to you if you call her name - Mausy!

Thank you all for keeping an eye out for my doggie, I wish I could beam me back to the DR right now...
In the event that someone finds her, as you are not in the DR, what is a person to do with her?

Contenta

Aug 27, 2005
Like I wrote in my very first post, please call me or Dr. Bob, so we can arrange that someone picks her up. And please make sure she stays with you till she get's picked up, with any food that should be easy ;)

Or if you have the chance to, bring her to Dr. Bob or Judies Petlodge, their located behind the Coastal gas station between Cabarete and Sosua.

My phone: 809 202 39 49
(It get's forwarded to my comp but it costs you only like you would call a DR phone)

Dr. Bob: 809 430 55 03

Last edited:

Contenta

Aug 27, 2005
Flyers

Whirleybird, can you tell me please where exactly you posted the flyers? I'm trying to figure out where flyers are up and where not, so if other people want to help and put up flyers I can tell them where they're already up.

If anyone else would like to help and print and post or hand out some flyers with the photo of my missing dog, I would very much apreciate it! Since I'm out of the country I can't do it by myself unfortunately... I have the flyer ready for print in several formats, so just let me know to what email to send it.

Thank you all for your help!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Whirleybird, can you tell me please where exactly you posted the flyers? I'm trying to figure out where flyers are up and where not, so if other people want to help and put up flyers I can tell them where they're already up.

In the Rose & Thistle English bar in Sosua, in Lomas Mironas (with the gate security) and with my friends who live there, with a mobile gardener who visits lots of places, with my friend in Pro Cab, Cararete. Has anyone informed the guys at Coastal that she is your dog? I just wonder this as friends in Lomas Mironas definitely saw her there the other day - they are sure it was Mausy because of the collar you described?

Contenta

Aug 27, 2005
Dr. Bob told me he would put up a flyer in the Coastal, I hope he did. I'm not sure where Lomas Mironas is... when was she seen there???

Thank you so much for putting up the flyers!!!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Dr. Bob told me he would put up a flyer in the Coastal, I hope he did. I'm not sure where Lomas Mironas is... when was she seen there???

Thank you so much for putting up the flyers!!!

Sorry my message was probably confusing - I meant my friends who live in Lomas Mironas (which is just opposite the Sea Horse Ranch entrance) saw her at Coastal several times, in fact they were even encouraged to take her with them but refused as she had a collar on. However, I still left a flyer with the gate guards at Lomas Mironas just in case .... our garden worker helps them out there on Sundays and thought he may have seen her but we think it may have been another similar dog.

Contenta

Aug 27, 2005
Thank you for the clarification, Whirleybird. Do you know WHEN your friends saw my dog at the Coastal? You say several times, did they saw her just at the weekend of the 6. of January at the Coastal or already before? Would be interesting...

Several people contacted me and Dr. Bob and told us that they saw Mausy in Cabarete in the last days. At the beach, in Calle John, in Pro Cab she seems to be everywhere. Unfortunately those people just called and told that they've seen her and let her run... but no one seems to come on the idea to catch her. Even though that is definitely not difficult because Mausy is very friendly and follows pretty much everyone that pet her...

So, if someone sees my dog, PLEASE catch her, or tie her on a tree, or put her in your garden, and then call us. So, we can arrange that someone picks her up.

Thank you for your help!

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Don't despair

Our dog Kati ran off during the fireworks on Christmas Eve. We were out of the country at the time. I put notices up in a number of places when I returned but after three weeks or so I had given up ever finding her when I got the call on Sunday night that she had been spotted. She turned up in Coconut Palms which is several miles from my house. Judging by her condition she had been looked after.

Not wishing to hijack the post can I just say a massive thanks to the kind hearted people at Mariposa and Coconut Palms. So many people helped to finally get her back into the jeep - It's been a long time since I saw such kindness, and I doubt I'll ever forget the moment when she realised she was safe and going home - I must admit I was close to tears.

Don't give up on your dog - they're smarter than we think.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Another week has gone by since the last post was placed on this thread - I know that Contenta is still relying on everyone to find Mausy and wants to hear if anyone has spotted her..... please, please don't stop looking for this lovely little dog who has a very loving Mum who is very anxious to know she is safe.

Contenta

Aug 27, 2005
Thank you Simon, Nicky and Whirleybird for your kind words!

Unfortunately my dog Mausy is still missing. She was spotted in several places in Cabarete in the last two weeks, but the people that called us all just let us know that they saw her and let her run...

So, if you see my dog someowhere, please catch her or tie her on a tree, or keep her in your garden and then call us, so we can pick her up. And in case it's easier for you, you could bring her also to the vet clinic of Dr. Bob and Judies Petlodge, on the way from Cabarete to Sosua.

Mausy is a very friendly dog and goes with pretty much everyone, especially if food is involved. So it's very possible that someone thought she's a homeless dog and took her home. So, in case your neighbour has a new dog that looks like Mausy, pleeeaaase let them know, that she has an owner that misses her terribly!

Thank you for your help!

shojee

Aug 19, 2007
missing dog

When will you be returning to the DR? My guess is that your dog is looking for youl

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I saw the dog in my complex playing with another stray, if the owner is no longer in the country, what happens now? It looked very happy, it certainly looked like the dog in the photo. The other stray was a beautiful alsatian if anyone has lost one.

Contenta

Aug 27, 2005
Hi Ladybird, if you see my dog, pleeeaaase catch her and call me or Dr. Bob, so we can arrange, that someone picks her up. Or in case you have the possibility to bring her to Dr. Bob, that would be highly appreciated as well! But pleeeaaase don't let her run, like everyone else that saw her so far... If you send me your number I can also call you. Where did you saw her exactly?

My number is 809 202 39 49 (it get's forwarded to my computer and you pay only like you call a DR number)
Dr. Bob's number: 809 430 55 03

Yes Mausy is a very happy and friendly dog and if you call her name "Mausy" she will most likely come up to you. If that doesnt work she will come for any kind a food. I'm still out of the country but comming back to the DR soon, Mausy is in "holiday" at Dr. Bob's while I'm away.

Thank you for your help!!!

Last edited: