Mivhed to issue building permits

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
INVI-Diario-Digital-RD.jpeg

The new Ministry of Housing (Mivhed) will soon be the government entity to order tenders for hospital construction and to issue building permits. Ruling Modern Revolutionary Party (PRM) deputy Orlando Jorge Villegas explained the new ministry will take on the roles of the Presidency Supervisory Office of Public Works (Oisoe) and those of the National Housing Institute (Invi). The new government department will also assume all the functions of the Ministry of Public Works regarding the granting of building permits for housing, fuel stations, hospitals and schools.

Read more in Spanish:Hoy

23 July 2021

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Since the day they built the Ark, building permits has been one tried and proven source for graft and corruption. Hard to change that with so much money at stake for builders. Building permits will fit in here in the DR very well.:cool:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
It's a huge bite, I agree. But one of the biggest problems of this country has been uncontrolled growth.

If this move will make a difference in how they deal with zoning issues, I'm all for it.

But it's going to be akin to putting a lock on the door after the horses get out. Still, better late than never.

Reactions: campesinadeatl

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I see it as a change in name only and not in practice. Much like saying that other laws the PRM wrote years ago would be enforced yet are still ignored.

Reactions: JD Jones

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I see it as a change in name only and not in practice. Much like saying that other laws the PRM wrote years ago would be enforced yet are still ignored.
Even if it worked as written going forward it's way too little too late.