MN to RD

Silver Star

Jan 12, 2022
Santo Domingo
Hola,

I have been entertained, if not informed, more than a few times reading topics on this forum. I suppose it’s time to introduce myself.

I’m originally from Minnesota and have been a few places with my previous career. My first RD trip was to the North Coast in 2009. I absolutely fell in love with this crazy place in the matter of a week or so and expected to live here one day. Since then, I’ve seen a good portion of the country around the coast from PP to Barahona and a couple visits inland, Santiago, La Vega, etc.

I met my wife (Dominican of course) in 2012. We have two kids. She’s from Santo Domingo. We have spent the last 9 years in Minnesota, but we are both self-employed now and plan to spend a lot more time down here. The wife and I have decided to build a home in Santo Domingo. If she hadn’t lived most of her life here, I would have been content renting for the time being.

I appreciate the collective wisdom of this group (and sarcasm). I feel like I’ve seen la RD as the paradise that it can be, and the nightmare that it can become. I’ve got lots of questions. Hopefully, I will be able to contribute with some answers too. Full disclosure, every time I think I’ve got something figured out around here my wife says I’ve got it wrong. Yo no entiendo mucho, pero me gusta aqui.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
AF971861-B3B7-4911-99E0-2CDE0CD5DDEF.jpeg

Reactions: Silver Star

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
I would love to see the North Coast again. It's been a long time. I have some very fond memories. I heard they will be building a new highway to get there from the Capitol.
The new highway is planned to connect Santiago with Puerto Plata. I don'f know of any new road planned from the capitol to the North Coast.