MOCA vs SANTIAGO

rey

Jan 2, 2007
IT might sound by looking at the thread that I will be asking which one is better City ; BUT am NOT I think the answer its OBVIOUS that santiago it’s better on almost ALL aspects one can think of… BUT i will ask , what it’s MOCA better on than santiago …. Is there an aspect or aspects in which MOCA it’s better than santiago

Thank you

rey

Jan 2, 2007
You need only to write 4 letters to spell "Moca" whereas you need to write 8 letters to spell "Santiago".

🖊️ ... Being on a tight budget, look at all the ink you will save.
JAJAJJA I guess your answer is NONE , I respect your opinion,,,,, I just thought that MOCA might have something better than santiago , such as the women as ALTER EGO pointed out ….

I ask this to ALL my Dominican friends and they all said the same answer “ NOTHING “

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I was born in Santiago but my family emigrated From Moca in the early 60s. So I have a feeling that I am from both cities, Moca and Santiago metieron a Licey al medio became to be two of the richest cities in the country giving birth of the most pretty women and intelligent peoples 😉 Moca is the agricultural capital of DR

JJ

Reactions: Gadfly and rey

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
And they have a lot of used car dealers , don't they ??
Yes Moca is where most used imported cars from US and Japan, China, Korea arrives before going in the market.
Los Mocanos are the pioneers in the import and conversion of right hand steering wheel to the left.
Most of the workers involved in this modification used to come from Peru to work for Mocanos business men..

JJ

Reactions: Buzzard

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Switching sides..... hmm, not for me but I expect it happens ...alot !!
Carros cambiados! That's how they call them in DR, they are everywhere on the streets. You can tell looking at the wipers, the radio antenna and transmission shifters, they are located wrong directions.
The antenna on the passenger side, the wipers swing toward passenger side
The transmission shifter numbers are toward the passenger side etc...

JJ

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
I was born in Santiago but my family emigrated From Moca in the early 60s. So I have a feeling that I am from both cities, Moca and Santiago metieron a Licey al medio became to be two of the richest cities in the country giving birth of the most pretty women and intelligent peoples 😉 Moca is the agricultural capital of DR

JJ

Then La Vega would be #3 in the most pretty woman here I believe

Reactions: bachata

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
IT might sound by looking at the thread that I will be asking which one is better City ; BUT am NOT I think the answer its OBVIOUS that santiago it’s better on almost ALL aspects one can think of… BUT i will ask , what it’s MOCA better on than santiago …. Is there an aspect or aspects in which MOCA it’s better than santiago

Thank you
I live in Santiago and spend a lot of my free time in Moca. For a small town there is a lot of crazy things going on over there. Moca is a little cheaper and feels more like the old DR. In my opinion it's a nice place to visit but not somewhere I'd want to live.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Santiago is a melting pot City, since 1990s population from sorrounding cities started moving to la Ciudad Corazón due more jobs opportunities and educational challenges.
La época de epoca de oro, the 80s / 90s Zona Franca industrial hired almost half million employees bringing a huge increase in the population.
Santiago went from 250k to a million habitant in a decade.

JJ

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
JAJAJJA I guess your answer is NONE , I respect your opinion,,,,, I just thought that MOCA might have something better than santiago , such as the women as ALTER EGO pointed out ….

I ask this to ALL my Dominican friends and they all said the same answer “ NOTHING “
I wonder how many of them have been there.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

JJ
Home of black dirt. Super fertile. Tobacco country.

Reactions: bachata

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Home of black dirt. Super fertile. Tobacco country.
During rain seasons when walking in my Great grand Mother's property I will need to have a stick to remove the soil from my boots. Every step soil will build up more and more making it hard for me to lift up my feet.
Volcanic soil, best one in the glove.
My family owned all the land from Estancia Nueva Moca back in the days.

JJ