Monkey Pox

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Most of us over 50 have had the Small Pox vaccine.

It prevents Monkey Pox.
Younger people likely never received this vaccine.

I read today there were 17 suspected and 13 confirmed cases in Quebec, Canada.

And one confirmed case in Massecuetts of a young man who returned from Toronto.

Should it be on the radar?

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Most of us over 50 have had the Small Pox vaccine.

It prevents Monkey Pox.
Younger people likely never received this vaccine.

I read today there were 17 suspected and 13 confirmed cases in Quebec, Canada.

And one confirmed case in Massecuetts of a young man who returned from Toronto.

Should it be on the radar?

Have you had your 5 small pox booster shots? Wait, I just realized that REAL vaccines don't require boosters every week.

But on a more serious note, does anyone know if pre-1970 (or so) Dominicans received the same immunizations as Americans and others?

Reactions: chico bill

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I am not sure but my two little ones (almost 2 and 4) both got vaccines here in the DR for "viruela"? Isn't "viruela" small pox or pox?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Don't date monkeys and you should be OK.
It looks like the WHO and G8 health ministers are looking for something to keep them busy now that covid is less than a common cold
I heard a report on TV which said that most of the cases are infecting young gay men, and were transmitted sexually.
If that is the case this could be something which spread like Aids, via sex or intravenous drug use during its early formation.

Reactions: nekokatt

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Don't date monkeys and you should be OK.
It looks like the WHO and G8 health ministers are looking for something to keep them busy now that covid is less than a common cold
This story will grow exponentially until November

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Very little new here folks. Monkeypox has been around for decades, primarily in Africa where outbreaks rise and fall on a regular basis. It’s uncomfortable once contracted by not a killer. People survive it and the effects wear off after a short period of time. The smallpox vaccines we received as kids is effective against the disease but reduced immunity over time is an issue.

Research on possible mutations is also underway so current vaccines can be modified to counteract mutations. All who contracted it in Quebec survived it. It has showed up in one gay community area but there is no definitive link to the disease being transferred as a result of a gay lifestyle. It may simply be transferred by fluid exchange during sex, and contact with contaminated clothing or surfaces.

We are now a global village constantly travelling. Tuberculosis and other diseases once thought be be eradicated or controlled are rearing their ugly heads in different countries. That’s probably the case for Monkeypox. Hidden chains of transmission are very difficult to discover. In Spain 25 cases were reported by a group of people who shared a sauna. It has spread across Europe but this is expected because of the large numbers of Africans travelling to and from Europe. Quebec has a fair number of Africans travelling to and from the province as well.

This is not Covid nor does it have the potential to be a pandemic. We have vaccines in place to control outbreaks. I’m not worried about Monkeypox and it won’t stop me travelling. Dengue is my main concern in the DR. The media pictures of the people with Monkeypox are gruesome and have generated a lot of unjustified fear. A protracted extreme heat wave in the DR has a bigger potential to affect the health of the general population than Monkeypox.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

scotia

Mar 18, 2004
Person to person spread of monkeypox is uncommon. However, when spread does occur between people the mode of transmission is through close contact with an infected individual, such as through direct contact with their body fluids, respiratory droplets, or monkeypox sores, or by sharing clothing, bedding or common items that have been contaminated with the infected person's fluids or sores.

Reactions: Ecoman1949

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Vaccine? Gov’t Hogwash. My body my choice
You do have the right of choice but that doesn’t negate the fact than the current smallpox vaccines are effective against Monkeypox and can eliminate the spread of the disease during outbreaks. The vaccines protected us as kids as did the polio vaccines. Government public health immunization programs were effective then and are still effective for most communicable diseases today.

Reactions: melphis

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You do have the right of choice but that doesn’t negate the fact than the current smallpox vaccines are effective against Monkeypox and can eliminate the spread of the disease during outbreaks. The vaccines protected us as kids as did the polio vaccines. Government public health immunization programs were effective then and are still effective for most communicable diseases today.
Guess you don't watch Fox News...................

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Research on possible mutations is also underway so current vaccines can be modified to counteract mutations. All who contracted it in Quebec survived it. It has showed up in one gay community area but there is no definitive link to the disease being transferred as a result of a gay lifestyle. It may simply be transferred by fluid exchange during sex, and contact with contaminated clothing or surfaces.
Not trying to split hairs but doesn't 'fluid exchange during sex' have quite a bit to do with the gay lifestyle.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
CHA-CHING:

A company called SIGA Technologies announced a promotion agreement for TPOXX, its smallpox/monkeypox drug, with Meridian Medical Technologies. Guess who owns Meridian?
Pfizer.
Today, the FDA approved SIGA's drug. Pfizer scores again.

Reactions: Squat

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
CHA-CHING:

A company called SIGA Technologies announced a promotion agreement for TPOXX, its smallpox/monkeypox drug, with Meridian Medical Technologies. Guess who owns Meridian?
Pfizer.
Today, the FDA approved SIGA's drug. Pfizer scores again.
Not surprised Chico. After their windfall Covid profits, Big Pharma will do the same for any new or old viruses that come along. Especially for a fear induced virus like Monkeypox. It’s overkill really because effective vaccines already exist. This is a shameful designer vaccine to line Big Pharma pockets. if the virus starts to mutate, then their cash registers will ring even louder around the world with government approval. Viruses have the ability to bring down governments.

Reactions: chico bill

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Something else to worry about... no thanks once again Illuminati messing with your minds!!!
Dont know if they are Illuminati, or Globalists , or Secret Society , or just Billionaire Psychopaths .

BUT
for Sure "THEY " whoever they are , are messing with us ..
Only a TOTAL MORON would call people who SEE this " Conspiracy Theorists" at this point .
I mean you have to be completely Brain dead to NOT see that something is up and it wont stop until people say NO more .