Monte Alto Coffee

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I KNOW! :mad::mad::mad:
Especially when I just KNOW that smart,beautiful,sexy, young, blond, Polish girls can't get enough of a 66 year old, fat, bald, bearded, out-of-shape, smelly, cigar "Chain Smoker" likeCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
cc

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Found Monte Alto at La Sirena in San Cristobal last week, bought the Organico, we are SO enjoying it. Yes, more expensive than Cafe Santo Domingo, but it's so rich that we use less so I'm telling myself it's really the same price :)

No bitterness, very smooth coffee.

The really good news for us is that they had a good inventory of it in beans, so we'll be stuffing our suitcase with them because we have an automatic espresso maker in the US that only uses beans. I bought all the bags I could reach last night, top shelf too high for short people. Where is CCCCCCCCCCCC when you need him??? (Mr. AE was off fighting with the electrodomestico department over a new ceiling fan that was defective - took over an hour, but we left with a new fan. I think they just wanted to shut him up. )

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
(Mr. AE was off fighting with the electrodomestico department over a new ceiling fan that was defective - took over an hour said:
I realize that this is off-topic (but so has many other posts in this thread!).
You can expect that fan to be back on the shelf, ready to be purchased by another unsuspecting customer.
Why do I say this? Because we purchased a stove from La Sirena which proved defective when installed. (One of the circuit boards was obviously 'fried'.) After three weeks trying to get them to replace the circuit board, we demanded a refund, as the stove was an American brand, and they admitted that they did not have access to any spare parts. We only got the refund, I believe, because I called my credit card company and put a hold on the purchase (and told them that). They eventually came and picked up the stove--- and put it back on the floor!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Monte Alto Beans"??????????????????????????????????????????
I'm heading for "La Sirena"!!!!!!!!
If "Monte Alto" ground is already 10X better than everything else, I can just imagine a cup brewed from "Fresh Ground"!!!!!!!!!
I can just feel the "PVC's" now!!!!(Irregular Heart Beats)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
But I''l die happy!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
"Monte Alto Beans"??????????????????????????????????????????
I'm heading for "La Sirena"!!!!!!!!
If "Monte Alto" ground is already 10X better than everything else, I can just imagine a cup brewed from "Fresh Ground"!!!!!!!!!
I can just feel the "PVC's" now!!!!(Irregular Heart Beats)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
But I''l die happy!

Just stay away from La Sirena in San Cristobal, those beans are MINE, lol. They were a little more expensive than the ground, I think 243 pesos each as oppose to [again I think] 218 for the ground coffee. Mr. AE said the same, 'if the ground tastes this good, can you imagine when the beans are freshly ground??'

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you are all bastards... ever since we bought our espresso machine miesposo has been nagging me about getting a grinder too. you are starting to make this expense justifiable! and i wanted some underwear from annsummers! :disappoin:cry:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
you are all bastards... ever since we bought our espresso machine miesposo has been nagging me about getting a grinder too. you are starting to make this expense justifiable! and i wanted some underwear from annsummers! :disappoin:cry:

Dorota, unless you're getting an expensive burr grinder, don't bother. Most other grinders just don't get the grind fine enough for espresso.

Go buy your underwear instead.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't wear "Under Ware"!
I don't!
Saves on Detergente Y "CLORO"!
My Under Ware is HUGE!
But NOT what I put in it! :ermm::ermm::ermm:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Sorry "Monte Alto", You Are Now In "SECOND PLACE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A wonderful "DR1er" brought me a bag of,"Cafe Premium Cerro Prieto"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"HB" mentioned "Olivo Family" coffee earlier in this thread, and "Boy-O-Boy" was he RIGHT!!!!
I can't stop drinking it!!!
It's THAT GOOD!!!
The phone # on the bag is,809-693-6362.
I MUST get more, at ANY PRICE!!!!!!!!
If anyone has a retail store source, please post it here.
I just had cup # 2 of the day.
Now I'm smelling the bag!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
now you got me interested! indeed, anyone has a tip on where to buy it?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I don't think it's available to the public.....look at CB's posr earlier
I have access to limited quantities of roast/ground if anyone is interested. It's what we drink at Casa CB.

It comes from Alida's family plantation in the best coffee growing conditions on the island, high in the mountains of Cerro Prieto 11km from Juncalito . The beans consistently are 16 screen plus, amazing size, and the color is the best green possible.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Let us hope and pray that the rust virus can be controlled and that this year's crop is at least of "modest" size....

Cordially,

HB
Unfortunately the rust has infected the entire nation and the crop this coming year will be neither abundant nor excellent.

Additionally, the heavy rains last fall also damaged the flowers.

You heard it here first.