Monthly Pension Fund Requirement For Residency Renewal

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
There is a migración requirement to have prove one has corresponding pension or income monthly in the RD. for permanent residency renewal. This poster is into his 20th yr of residency up for renewal and has his pension and SS income deposited in a US bank for autopayment for all services and goods, no matter where. He uses credit cards to make purchases of goods and services in the RD.. He has a cash reserve, he brings to RD when traveling from US. no Dominican bank account. My wife is Dominicana with US pension deposited in a US bank and has cash reserves in Dominican local banks. We do not want to change our arrangement. How can one show to migración this poster's money is coming to the RD?

Will this poster be able to get definitive residence card at this renewal?

Regards,

PJT

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
There is a migración requirement to have prove one has corresponding pension or income monthly in the RD. for permanent residency renewal.
I am no expert.
I refer you to the W boys up in here.
I hate to answer a question with a question:
But is the requirement that you show money IN 🇩🇴 ❓
Or that you just show income at a certain level❓

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
There is a migración requirement to have prove one has corresponding pension or income monthly in the RD. for permanent residency renewal. This poster is into his 20th yr of residency up for renewal and has his pension and SS income deposited in a US bank for autopayment for all services and goods, no matter where. He uses credit cards to make purchases of goods and services in the RD.. He has a cash reserve, he brings to RD when traveling from US. no Dominican bank account. My wife is Dominicana with US pension deposited in a US bank and has cash reserves in Dominican local banks. We do not want to change our arrangement. How can one show to migración this poster's money is coming to the RD?

Regards,

PJT

I was told years ago by DGM, at the time of my initial residency, that being married to a dominicana allowed me not to have to prove any financial solvency.

I just wished they had told me that BEFORE I moved money about, lol.

Also, and again, at that time, one of the " requisitos " was 2 dominican people who would vouch for you ( copies of cedulas + signatures ) were not needed if married to a dominicana.

That said, I have never gone for permanent, always temporal....... Waiting for my lazy backside to actually start the process for citzenship. 🙄🙄

Reactions: PJT

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

Regards,

PJT

Bank statements from those US accounts receiving the deposits and also from your credit cards on DR expenses and money movements.

Reactions: PJT

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I was told years ago by DGM, at the time of my initial residency, that being married to a dominicana allowed me not to have to prove any financial solvency.

I just wished they had told me that BEFORE I moved money about, lol.

Also, and again, at that time, one of the " requisitos " was 2 dominican people who would vouch for you ( copies of cedulas + signatures ) were not needed if married to a dominicana.

That said, I have never gone for permanent, always temporal....... Waiting for my lazy backside to actually start the process for citzenship. 🙄🙄
where would a interested man who wants residency , find one of those Dominicanas to marry?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I wonder if setting up a monthly pension to myself from my stateside bank account is acceptable?

Jan 9, 2004
I wonder if setting up a monthly pension to myself from my stateside bank account is acceptable?
The last I knew, The DR looked to see if you had $1,500 monthly income in pension/SS/or assets in retirement accounts to meet the threshold. Additionally, they also were willing to look at other assets (homes etc) if you did not meet the $1,500 threshold. Their program was modeled after other countries requirements that wished to avoid people getting residency and becoming financial burdens on their system.

And the last I knew, you were not required to have those assets (pension/SS/IRA funds) held in the DR. Mexico has done that in the past (required a certain level of deposits on account in Mexico) and may still do..............but I remember people transferring funds to Mexican banks as required..................and shortly thereafter the government devaluing the peso by 50%...........happened twice.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I know I will put a ad on the Internet........
Nix that. It won't work.

Or at the very least, don't list (or give out) your phone number, and better if you set up a throwaway email account on yahoo.

Don't ask me how I know.

• Haha

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Bank statements from those US accounts receiving the deposits and also from your credit cards on DR expenses and money movements.
Well, PJT, that didn't work for me. I sent detailed info, including copies of checks made out to a Dominican bank and line-by-line charges to Dominican businesses (La Serena, Claro, etc.). It was rejected.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Well, PJT, that didn't work for me. I sent detailed info, including copies of checks made out to a Dominican bank and line-by-line charges to Dominican businesses (La Serena, Claro, etc.). It was rejected.

For permanent ? ( As in change from temporal to permanent ).

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Neither, Malko. We were applying for our first renewal of a temporary residency.

Perhaps the "requisitos" are personalized then.
As I am on a renewal right now, and nothing financial appeared on my internet page upload thingy.

P.S. also depends on type of residency, I guess. I do just a " normal" one.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
  • Haha

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Perhaps the "requisitos" are personalized then.
As I am on a renewal right now, and nothing financial appeared on my internet page upload thingy.

P.S. also depends on type of residency, I guess. I do just a " normal" one.
We were applying for our first renewal of a "retiree" residency.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
We were applying for our first renewal of a "retiree" residency.
Must be something new(?). Just renewed last July and no financial info was required for renewal of an RT-9 temporary residency. Can you post a link a where you see this requirement?